All reviews the concierge lounge bristol lounge older hotel front desk staff downtown location check in was easy southern hospitality beds were comfortable breakfast buffet business trip hotel is beautiful enjoyed my stay lobby perry ms convention refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019

I found the Marriott Hotel fall short of high quality. This was true as to the restaurant as well as the sleeping room. I even had to be moved to another room because the door did not work right! The room did not have a modern air conditioner in it. Thus, it made a lot noise. I don't recommend this hotel to you. The last time I came to Jackson I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
LeeOwnbey_GM, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

We are so sorry that there was an issue with your door. We understand how frustrating that can be and work diligently to ensure we catch anything before it is deemed ready. We are sorry that we missed that. We are a little confused by your statement about our air conditioner not being modern, as we do have a modern HVAC system, but we should have caught any noise issues as well.
Again, we are truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and sincerely hope to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Had a long day and the staff definitely made it better! Great service at the restaurant with well made drinks! Food was great and prompt. Really appreciated the hospitality for a place that I had never visited before.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
LeeOwnbey_GM, Front Office Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

We are so glad to hear that we made your day better and will be sure to pass your comments along to our F&B staff. Thanks for choosing the Jackson Marriott!

Reviewed April 5, 2019

After reading some reviews and looking at some of the pictures of the property, I was unsure of how this visit was going to go. I am pleased to report that save for a couple of small complaints, I was overall very satisfied with my stay. Check in couldn't have gone any smoother, there was ample parking available. The room was nice and large and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning I had the breakfast buffet and I was very happy with it. Now some of the negative things: I was a little sketched out by the parking garage. That might have been because it was late when I got in and there was a suspicious looking person wandering around in there. Secondly, there needs to be more A/C power outlets near the bed. This is a mid-high end hotel that serves a more affluent demographic. It would stand to reason that they travel with multiple devices that need a daily recharge. I personally travel with an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and two laptops. Each side of the bed needs at minimum 2 A/C outlets and preferably 1 USB charge-only port. To that end, it is definitely worth noting the style of the hotel is a throwback to the 80s or 90s. That needs to be updated yesterday. If these complaints don't bother you and really they are small ones, you should feel comfortable choosing this Marriott if you find yourself in Jackson.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
LeeOwnbey_GM, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Thank you so much for staying with us, and we greatly appreciate the feedback. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2019

The Marriott Jackson has its pros and cons. The hotel itself is definitely in need of some renovations to bring it up a little bit to today look and feel. It has an older charm to its interior. The Rooms were ok.. the size of them and such was not that bad. The bar area has nice and friendly staff to it. There is not much around the hotel after a certain time the city pretty much shuts down food wise so you will have to travel to get food outside of the room service.

When you go to the bar they would not allow you to order form the room service menu and only a smaller select menu which was disappointing but had no other options.

The front desk staff was nice as well .

Room tip: All the views are ok from the higher floors
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
LeeOwnbey_GM, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Thank you so much for your stay and for providing valuable feedback. We are sorry for any confusion at the bar, as all the room service items are on our dinner menu as well. We will reiterate this with the bar staff to eliminate any future confusion. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at the Jackson Marriott hotel and found the helpfulness, friendliness, and professionalism of the staff second to none. This was especially the case for the bartender Latrice.

Not only was she polite, she also provided me with a lot of information about the city of Jackson, and made it much more likely that I will be returning to the city as a tourist, and staying again at the Jackson Marriott.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
LeeOwnbey_GM, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

We would like to thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass your compliments along to Letrice. There are many great things to see in Jackson, so we look forward to serving you again!