“Very nice Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
South
“Very nice Hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

We needed a Hotel that was convenient to the Hospital and this fit the bill perfect. Won't disclose what we paid through Priceline.com but we were quite satisfied with the Hotel and all staff we encountered on our short stay. Hotel has a beautiful lobby and restaurant, that served a very good buffet.

Our room was well appointed and clean. Only thing that I'd suggest is a more modern up to date flat screen TV.

Will indeed consider the Jackson Marriott only any future visits in this area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Wonderful Hotel with a very friendly staff. The best part is that it's right in downtown Jackson. You can walk to a lot of stores and the staff was very helpful in telling you where to go. I had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Tn
Reviewed October 23, 2009

When we arrived at Jackson last week and went to the Marriott where we had had GUARANTEED RESERVATIONS that we had put on our credit card, we were informed at 7:00 PM that they had no room for us. We had made the reservation several weeks prior and although I had a confirmation number, as well as a GUARANTEED reservation, they still insisted that they had no room for us. Then they said that although they had no room, they would "comp" us a room at a very nice hotel just one block over. That was the biggest mistake. They put us in a disgusting, smelly hotel that didn't even have a lock or a latch on the outside door. I will NEVER stay in downtown Jackson again. The following morning we booked a great room at Hyatt Place in Ridgeland, which is a short 10 minute drive from downtown on the weekend.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scare63
New York
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The food at the restaurant was awful and unbelievably overpriced. Unfortunately, there is nowhere around there to eat so they have a monopoly.

The service was lousy - they forgot a wakeup call and to cancel a taxi after I asked them to. After we were disappointed by the restaurant at the hotel, the bellhop recommended a restaurant to us that we spent $15 on cab fare to get too which was closed at that time (8:30 p.m. on a Sunday night)! I couldn't get the internet working in my room but they charged me for it anyway after they said they would remove it from my bill.

To top the whole thing off, they gave me the wrong rate on my bill!

I would stay somewhere further away from downtown Jackson if you have to go and then rent a car if you need to go to downtown. You'll save money and almost certainly get a better hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank sharri1978
Lodz, Poland
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Hotel is situated in very centre of Jackson. It’s very comfortable and nice hotel with very good and helpful crew. The only one problem with I noticed was that all of group was charged “internet fee” but no one was ask if he/she has computer and is going to use it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Birmingham -Alabama
Reviewed August 10, 2009

The primary advantage to this Marriott property is its location. It has a second floor walk-way to the largest office building in Jackson, and it is only several blocks from the Capitol building and other government buildings. It appears to be the major convention hotel for Jackson. Warning - do not leave the hotel after dark. My wife and I were at a park 1/2 block from the property at dusk and the downtown area became abandoned and creepy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TrojanBill1
So Fla USA
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I'm a Marriott Rewards Platinum -- and obviously a big fan of all of the Marriott concepts. Jackson Marriott is a perfect example of how one can always trust the Marriott organization for safe, clean and pleasant accommodations. My room rate was $79 so the value equation was right up there. I've paid twice that for worse accommodations. Parking was easy and inexpensive ($10-12/night). Check-in was easy. The only service errors: (1) I needed to break a $20 to tip the parking attendant/bell man for parking my car and helping with bags. Went to the bar for change because there was quite a line at the front desk. You would have thought I had asked for a unit of plasma when I asked for change -- "We cannot possibly give you change," was the reply. Not typically Marriott at all. (2) When i went to the front desk to get change, there was only one person on the desk trying to check in 3 different parties. The lone desk manager was doing the best he could to take care of everyone quickly and, fortunately, he looked at me and asked the other guests if they wouldn't mind if he could give me change which was a great gesture. At night, Marriott sometimes leaves one person to handle too many tasks at the same time so you have to be patient. Other than that, the rest of the entire stay was fine. There's nothing open within a couple of blocks for food at night so room service is about the only option and it was fine. Good food and service. This hotel is located in the heart of downtown and it's pretty much abandoned at night. The room was spotless with one of those wonderful Marriott beds and lovely linen. Bath was spacious and clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. Concierge lounge was one of the better ones -- at night it was laid out with snacks like cheese and crackers, cookies, brownies, and sodas, cold water, etc., plus an honor bar. The lounge attendant was the best. He was welcoming as I entered the lounge and made sure I knew where everything was. It was pretty busy in there, around 8:00 p.m., so people were enjoying themselves. The next morning, the lounge had an adequate continental breakfast laid out and plenty of good coffee. Again, good service.

The nice thing about Marriott properties, and this one in particular, is that you can always count on decent treatment, clean rooms, and safety. Jackson Marriott lives up to that. A couple of service flaws didn't change my view at all -- it happens all the time no matter where you stay. I have recurring business in Jackson so I will always plan on staying here.

When I checked out, the doorman gave me excellent directions for my destination and bid me a kind farewell. Love that Southern hospitality -- very genuine and sincere. These are some fine folks who know how the hospitality business.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business