“It is true- they are friendly indeed!”
Review of Jackson Marriott

Jackson Marriott
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
New York City, New York
“It is true- they are friendly indeed!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

In general when I'm in the south people are nicer and this hotel (and the other reviews) speak the truth.
From the moment we walked in, big smiles and a warm welcome.

The lobby was nice nice and super clean with nice and comfortable sitting areas.

The rooms are ok. Not quite sure about the desk are and chair which block the flow of the path to the window and lounge chair but ok.

Very comfortable beds and pillows.

We are at the bar and they had a pretty nice limited menu. Our waitress was very nice and suggested the special which we ordered. The prices are ok to medium.

Very nice hotel with the staff that made a very long and tired day to a great evening

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Northport, Alabama
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My family just returned from a week-end trip to the Marriott Hotel in Jackson Mississippi and had a wonderful time at a wonderful hotel. We were in town for a wedding at the Catholic church which was less than two blocks from the hotel. My son had made the reservations for us in advance and on arrival we were treated like royalty. The front desk clerks were very friendly and the bell hop Jose was also very pleasant. I met a jewel of a person from Turkey that was the food and beverage manager and he was THE nicest and most plesant person I have ever met. My hysband and I went down stairs to have dinner Friday night which was Valentine's night and the restaurant was not open for dinner because there were not enough guest to open and staff and restaurant but he opened the restaurant for us and we were the only two people in there which was amazing. The waiter was from Japan and he was an excellent waiter making our dinner very special. We could not have ask for a better experience than we had at this hotel and my hat is off to the wonderful staff for making out week-end so enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the Mississippi Blues Marathon. Every single employee we encountered was so friendly and helpful. Every. Single. One. The staff also made sure to have special touches out for the runners-bananas, Gatorade, bottled waters, cool towels in the lobby. We appreciated being given the option for our late check out so we could clean up after the run. Our room was clean and comfortable. We could not have been more pleased!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Booneville, Mississippi
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed there the night before the Mississippi BLues Marathon. The hotel is a Marriott. That says much; however, we were disappointed that we did not get the king size bed we had asked for. The room was also somewhat small. I am not sure that this place lives up to its reputation.

Room Tip: Be sure what kind of room you are getting.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Little Rock
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed here during the Mississippi Blues Marathon.
Location: The hotel is within in walking distance to the Convention Center and very convenient to I-55 exit

Check-in: check in was easy and now with the Marriott app, you can check in before arrival

Room: We were on the top floor (15) and had a double bed room. The room was roomy and the hotel supplied us with extra towels. The hot water pressure was very good. I was concerned because the hotel was booked and everyone seemed to be at the hotel for the race. I will be honest, the fabric in the rooms are "old school" Marriott and do know look like they've been updated but I have no complaints about how anything functions. The phone in the room was a cordless phone and truthfully I forgot how to work it. It took a few minutes for me to remember. I had free wifi ONLY because I'm a gold member. Otherwise wifi is $12.95 ... Personally I believe wifi should be FREE to ALL.

On race day, the hotel had water, Gatorade and towels in the lobby for the runners and allowed LATE checkout!!!

We will most definitely stay at this hotel again next year.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
GA
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here on our way through to TX. Hotel was beautiful and everyone was helpful for the little amount of time we were there. The concierge level area was one of the nicer one's I have seen an the food in the morning was better than most.

Room Tip: We stayed on the concierge level and it was nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the night before my daughter was being sworn in for MEPS we stayed in room 1410 and about 7 ish heard a BANG BANG BANG at either the door or next door room connecting we went to check front door and no one there so we got a little spoked and about 15 min later happened again so this time I was gonna call security we checked room #and saw it was room 1408 my niece started saying omg omg omg that was a scary movie and then googled it to see the trailer and no one made it out alive but security came right up and knocked on door and no answer which spooked us a little BUT it didn't happen again and this made for a great memorable night before a sad day shipping out to Parris island for the marines thanks for the great experience we look forward to a return!! Recommend highly staff and security was super great and very nice!!! Very clean hotel and rooms were very comfortable

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family