“Gone Down”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Memphis, Tennessee
“Gone Down”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I used to really like this place. We went here recently, and it was not the same. Crowd was small, and food just wasn't very good. And it was expensive!!! One bartender for bar and whole restaurant! We will not be returning.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank John W

Brandon, Mississippi
“I felt like a crime victim”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

service was great and atmosphere was top notch. However the food was hardly what should be expected for the price. It costs nearly six hundred dollars for a group of seven to leave disappointed and still hungry.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank michael a
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Why fix what wasn't broken?”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Nick's seems to be going through lots of changes, and I haven't been impressed by any of them. The chef has removed many long-time menu favorites of the customers and replaced them with trendy, odd food combinations as the portions get smaller and the prices get higher.

It is the menu changes that have really changed the nature of Nick's. The choice of entrees and appetizers and even desserts underwhelms me. The menu changes quarterly now, and it is hit or miss as to whether I can find something I actually want. (I eat most everything!) The garnishes and accompanying "sides" for the entrees are pretentious, and I'll use that word again...odd. The server described one entree as being served with lima bean "jelly".

I will not be going back unless some menu changes are made that are more mainstream.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SadieEN
Madison, Mississippi
“How hard is it to fix crisp bacon”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Two for the brunch at 2 pm on 3/10. Since we were the last that came in for brunch we assumed we'd get great service & food, after all this is Nick's. Wrong. They had to make coffee. A restaurant serving brunch has to make coffee? My wife ordered the eggs Benedict country style. I ordered 3 eggs, bacon crisp & sweet potato biscuit. The limpest bacon came to the table. I said that's not what I ordered. The server walked away. My eggs got cold while I waited for crisp bacon. never saw my waiter again. Dray, a service assistant rescued the day. He offered new eggs with crisp bacon & delivered. The funny thing the staff was waiting for us to leave so they could have a service training meeting. They needed it. Oh, my wife says the eggs Benedict were great & Dray brought monkey bread to try to makeup for the others.

1 Thank ibuy
Greenville, South Carolina
“Was Good Not GREAT!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My Co-workers and I went for Valentine's Day lunch. Not only did we wait one hour and fifteen minutes, but then the appetizers and food we received was good... but not GREAT! I had such high hopes for Nick's since others had previously bragged about how wonderful it was. We started with the alligator and the fried pickles. Again, they were good but nothing really special. I ordered the shrimp and grits which I enjoyed very much. One coworker ordered the bacon crusted catfish, and the other ordered the cuban sandwich. Both reported their meals being decent, but rather lack luster. I was expecting fabulous, but got decent. At these prices... it needs to be FABULOUS!!!

• Visited February 2013