“With so much competition, average just doesn't cut it!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We try to stay away from chain restaurants for obvious reasons but every once in awhile your wife is craving a salad that only Outback can satisfy. Well unfortunately she left with that craving in tact. We started with tortilla soup with the thought that the tortilla strips would be perfect for the salty crunch I was looking for, I was so hungry that it wasn't until my third bite that my wife said stop eating that, it's not ours. There were no tortilla strips, cheese or lime wedges, so I tracked down the waiter who without remorse let me know that they just ran out. Something worthy of a decline option, no? We ordered cheese fries thinking this is as safe as the blooming onion, nearly a signature dish, well only if you like limp fries and processed cheese product. There are plenty more things to warn you of but they've taken too much of my time and money already. In summary, choose one of the many other options in the Jackson area and force these managers to put out a better product with better service or fall by the wayside.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Ate at the Outback for the first time in many years on the 4th of July as we needed to eat out, and saw online that they were offering a free blooming onion on the 4th. The blooming onion was very good, but it was the highlight of the meal. I ordered a sirloin, and it was not all that good, kind of tough and undercooked for the medium I ordered it. Garlic mashed potatoes were kind of pasty. Our service was fine - but I will say that we heard the waitress working the tables adjacent to ours constantly apologizing for errors.

1  Thank wxinms1
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Staff was friendly, but service is slow and orders were done wrong. If you order steak rare, it comes done medium. Expect to wait a long while throughout the entire experience.

1  Thank RaceChic00
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great food and service, can't go wrong at Outback. Chose this because it is a chain and has dependable food and service. Will go back.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I broke from tradition and instead of ordering the 6oz filet I ordered the 5oz filet with 4 grilled shrimp. The 5oz is basically just half of a butterflied filet. That's the tricky part, most of the time when a filet is thin, it is so it can be cooked well-done. I ordered mine medium (warm pink center) and it came out well-done. I caught the manager and he didn't ask questions, he just took the plate back and had another filet cooked to perfection. The server asked about it and the manager came back by. Over-all a great experience as expected.