“Go here only if you're hungry!!”
Review of Country Kitchen

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Country Kitchen
Ranked #82 of 386 Restaurants in Jackson
Dallas, Texas
“Go here only if you're hungry!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Mississippi is known for hmmm, hmmm good food, and this restaurant is no exception. It is buffet style. The buffet had every kind of fresh fruit imaginable, everything for a wonderful salad, and endless meats and veggies. I lovvvved the fried chicken, the candied yams, the greens, the fried green tomatoes, the butter beans, and the mac and cheese. When the waitress asks if you want her to bring you some catfish say YES!! The food at this place is to die for. I can't wait to go back. My friend, who recommended the restaurant, has assured me she will take me back there. I don't like iced tea, but I had a glass and it was fantastic. The desserts were super delicious, especially the peach cobbler. We went during the beginning of lunch hour and they already had a crowd, and a line was forming. Service was wonderful. The other patrons were soooo nice and friendly. I think everyone and everything there were the epitome of southern hospitality. I would have written this review sooner but I kept typing in the wrong name. My friend laughed when I told her I forgot the name. Shucks!! I was concentrating on the food. When you're in Jackson you've got to go here. It is right on the highway and there is plenty of parking. Try some of everything-AND GO HUNGRY!!

• Visited June 2011