“not the quality it once was”

Broad Street Baking Company and Cafe
Ranked #3 of 7 Dessert in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Jackson, Mississippi
“not the quality it once was”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I always enjoyed the sandwiches at Broad Street, but on a recent trip, I ordered the Roast Beef Sandwich and the meat was so fatty, I had to take the sandwich apart and remove the fat from each piece before I could eat it. My husband ordered a turkey sandwich which was good, but way too much mayonnaise on it. Same for the side salads which had way too much salad dressing. I am disappointed that the quality of their meat has gone down -- perhaps they are using a different brand than they used to. Otherwise the rest of our order was good. The place is loud however.

• Visited October 2011

“Always tasty”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Broadstreet Bakery is always a good decision. They have a varied menu that doesn't just include sweets. Their pizzas and gumbo are our family favorites, though everything is good there. Topped off with excellent service, it is a good bet for you and your family.

• Visited August 2011
Flowood, MS
“OK”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have eaten at this restaurant several times. The food and service are ok, but man is it crowded. Not the place to go if you don't want to stand in line and eat in a very noisy restaurant. But the food is good.

“One of the best sandwhiches in Jackson...”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

One of the best sandwhiches in Jackson. Food is very very pricey but all of it is very good. I suggest they cut their prices some because I easily spend more here than even at Newk's.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced.”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

First let me say that I cannot believe that I spent $9 on a tomato and cheese sandwich. It's a tomato slice and some cheese! And that's not including a drink. The sandwich would have been fine if it wasn't covered in butter. I get that some people like that but when it's dripping down your hand that is too much...and it made the bread (i got sourdough) really soggy and did not hold up. My two friends and I braved the busy lunch crowd and ordered at the same time, but only my one friend and my hot sandwiches came out in a timely manner. The friend who ordered the cold sandwich (just a turkey sandwich) waited on hers for almost 20 minutes. I got the greens salad as the side and it was excellent. Parking (and finding a table) was an issue. It is very busy at lunch.