“A Banquet Fit for a King” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgewood Road
Saucier, Mississippi
“A Banquet Fit for a King”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were in the banquet area of Wellington's ! Great Food!!!! My filet was super tender. Mash potatoes were good. I even ate the asparagus! The cheesecake and chocolate desserts were wonderful (ate half and half with my hubby). The service was fantastic!

• Visited February 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a large group in the private dining room and the staff was excellent! Very fast friendly and efficient. The manager who seemed to double as hostess was also very friendly and helpful during our visit and also during the planning beforehand. The food was a little slow but delicious once it arrived! We will return in the future.

“Unbelievable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok I dont normally write reviews but bear with me here.

Turned up and was shown to bar, given menu and asked what to drink. I ordered drink and was given drink then barmaid disappeared.

So there are 5 staff on tonight. 1 (the manager) spends evening talking to someone at end of bar oblivious to what is going on, one waitress spends the entire 1 hour im there at the till on her mobile texting. She did no work at all. One male member kept making random noises like he was woth school mates amd talking to all other members of staff. And one member of staff........ I will get onto him.

After 10 mins waitress came back (she spent 10 mins chatting to some non bar customers) i ordered a starter and main she was acknowledged the main by taking mic out of my accent and way I said burger.

My starter came out. It was ok. Quite salty.

When I finished starter I was asked if I wanted more. I said I could wait and then told they closed at 9. Didnt think anything more as I still had my burger to come.

My burger never came. At 8.30 I was given the bill of 1 starter and 1 beer. Then the moment of genius. The manager, who spend all evening talking yo some bloke at end of bar asked the male member of staff why he was still there as he should of clocked off AN HOUR AGO. And she hadnt noticed.

So no main course delivered. Staff packing up an hour ealry unless they worked hard in which case kept on too long. Jesus wept the most shocking service I have ever noticed.

NEVER AGAIN.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
denver
“simply marvelous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

food was magnificently prepared. price was most reasonable.service was exceptional. wife considered the gumbo "best ever". My blackened redfish lathered in lemon butter damn near orgasmic! A "must" while in Jackson !!!

• Visited October 2012
Fairfax, VA
“Quite a pleasant evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The first two of us -- of a party of five -- arrived at 8:59 after flying in from the East Coast. The restaurant closed at 9 and I was sure they'd turn us away. They were quite gracious and seated our entire party and we never once felt rushed or forced to run up our tab in exchange for them staying open. We tried not to wear out our welcome either.

The restaurant has delicious food and very pleasant service. It may be on the pricey side compared to others nearby. I had a delicious ribeye sandwich with fries, a house salad and two beers and I think my tab was around $28 including tip.

I would highly recommend their hospitality and food and will definitely be back if I'm ever in that part of Jackson again.

Visited September 2012