“Unbelievable” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgewood Road
“Unbelievable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok I dont normally write reviews but bear with me here.

Turned up and was shown to bar, given menu and asked what to drink. I ordered drink and was given drink then barmaid disappeared.

So there are 5 staff on tonight. 1 (the manager) spends evening talking to someone at end of bar oblivious to what is going on, one waitress spends the entire 1 hour im there at the till on her mobile texting. She did no work at all. One male member kept making random noises like he was woth school mates amd talking to all other members of staff. And one member of staff........ I will get onto him.

After 10 mins waitress came back (she spent 10 mins chatting to some non bar customers) i ordered a starter and main she was acknowledged the main by taking mic out of my accent and way I said burger.

My starter came out. It was ok. Quite salty.

When I finished starter I was asked if I wanted more. I said I could wait and then told they closed at 9. Didnt think anything more as I still had my burger to come.

My burger never came. At 8.30 I was given the bill of 1 starter and 1 beer. Then the moment of genius. The manager, who spend all evening talking yo some bloke at end of bar asked the male member of staff why he was still there as he should of clocked off AN HOUR AGO. And she hadnt noticed.

So no main course delivered. Staff packing up an hour ealry unless they worked hard in which case kept on too long. Jesus wept the most shocking service I have ever noticed.

NEVER AGAIN.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

denver
“simply marvelous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

food was magnificently prepared. price was most reasonable.service was exceptional. wife considered the gumbo "best ever". My blackened redfish lathered in lemon butter damn near orgasmic! A "must" while in Jackson !!!

• Visited October 2012
Fairfax, VA
“Quite a pleasant evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The first two of us -- of a party of five -- arrived at 8:59 after flying in from the East Coast. The restaurant closed at 9 and I was sure they'd turn us away. They were quite gracious and seated our entire party and we never once felt rushed or forced to run up our tab in exchange for them staying open. We tried not to wear out our welcome either.

The restaurant has delicious food and very pleasant service. It may be on the pricey side compared to others nearby. I had a delicious ribeye sandwich with fries, a house salad and two beers and I think my tab was around $28 including tip.

I would highly recommend their hospitality and food and will definitely be back if I'm ever in that part of Jackson again.

Visited September 2012
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“Pleasantly surprised, wonderful food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Being near the hotel & shopping area off I-55 I thought this would be hum drum.
NOT!
The manager was the hostess, and very informative and helpful on a weekday evening. It was not very busy at all, but we were there around 8pm. Atmoshere was very pleasant and welcoming. Another reviewer describes it rather well, so I wont elaborate.
We both had fish entrees, but they also had great choices of beef & chicken. If you were eating here each night for a week-stay in the nearby hotel, yes, they may have limited choices of beef, but why ignore the other dishes?
We thought the swordfish (Chile) and the salmon were very good. All the fish products were cooked to our liking including the oysters for appetizers - char-grilled, and bienville were both excellent.
The service was outstanding, and we were not pushed out at closing time - they were very accommodating and service orientated. We would come back in a heartbeat.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife, friends and I enjoyed dinner here and have no complaints on the food or service with the exception of Special I had that I felt was a bit overpriced for what I received. A medium sized lobster tail and a petite (4 oz. maybe) filet. It included a small salad and a few overcooked asparagus (asparagi?) for $45. Cocktails were also a bit undersized for Jackson standards. The live entertainment was a too loud for my tastes as I had a little difficulty making conversation. My wife and friends rated their entrees of steaks and fish a bit higher therefore the Very Good rating. The service was Excellent. Will go back and try another entree as it appeared that it is a fairly popular restaurant.

• Visited June 2012