“Delicious Soul Food”

Bully's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 414 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Found Bully while in Forest Ms watching an Andrew Zimmerman Travel show. The restaurant is in a very run down part of Jackson but man was it worth the drive.

The food was outstanding and the service was even better. I had the smothered oxtail, purple eyed peas, friend green tomatoes and corn bread with sweet tea. It def had soul! The only thing I didn’t care for was the corn bread.

1  Thank OrangeCountyJay

Reviewed November 16, 2017

The folks at our hotel kept recommending upscale downtown places thinking that is what us travelers might want. We kept saying that we want to eat at the kind of neighborhood place where "you" eat. Finally, the ladies at the Jackson Welcome Center got it and directed us to Bully's. The food, value, and sense of community could not have been better, especially the vegetables ... even though the oxtails are memorable too! Thank you, Bully!!!!

2  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Went here with my wife on a road trip south. Stopped here after seeing it on a television show. It looks lije you may not want to stop, but we took a chance and did not regret it one second.

We felt welcome as we entered the door, so many good things to say about this place. TRY all you can, the chicken is wonderful, the beef ribs were soo good ant tender, the sides were made with love. We loved everything we ordered but tops may have been the yams.

I left the best for last, get the blackberry cobbler, if you dont order dinner, GET the cobbler

2  Thank JasonDurrett
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

This is what real eating is about. I took a group of friends today to experience one of my favorite hidden treasures. It is not quite so hidden anymore lots of out state car tags and saw a Yankee from Iowa inside. The growing crowd has not changed the food or the service. My selection today, fried pork chop, tans, and fried corn and peach cobbler. I love my momma but this food is the best.

2  Thank dth9230
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Our lunch at Bully's was absolutely amazing! I hardly know where to begin describing the meals we enjoyed. The spicey collards greens were great, as were the lima beans (I swear that even someone who doesn't like Lima beans would empty their dish.) I've eaten pork ribs a zillion times throughout the States and the Bahamas; but I can honestly say that I have never had ribs that compared to those served at Bully's. Only a couple of days prior to arriving in Jackson, we had ribs in Carbondale: they had won an award for the "Best Ribs in the World." No comparison to Bully's. Bully's are a 10 in a scale of 1-10. Our daughter-in-law chose the catfish; loved it. Our son ordered the pig's neck and feet; same comment! American chefs, take a lesson from the best. Straight from the heart, and the staff could not be more proud of their work. Finally, after blackberry and peach cobblers (huge portions), we were so full that we could hardly stand up to leave...Oh, I should mention that everything is homemade! The staff is professional, polite, and proud. Don't miss Bully's Restaurant if you're in Jackson!

2  Thank danak153