“Worst Food in town”

Add it.
Lamar Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Do yourself a favor and stay away from Lamar's. They have the worst food and even worse service. I took my family here and we all got sick. The place is nasty and the kitchen needs a visit by the board of health. I would NOT recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

My little girl was treated so well. The owner was there and he showed my daughter the talking deer head. So funny. He gave her some mardi gras beads too, which she loves. We just got gyros which were good as well. Keep in mind that this space is in historic district and it is old, but our experience was fantastic.

2  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed April 27, 2012

On Friday, April 20, 2012, myself and one of my friends visited the restaurant for lunch. This was our very first time and last time. The manager Chris Grillis spoke to us like we were not paying customers. We both ordered a gyro and fries, our fries were the last of the bag and very crispy. We asked the waitress for more fries and she went to speak with the cook about getting us more fries. The manager came out and instructed us we would have to pay for more fries and we said to him we wasn't speaking of the portion, we were speaking about how they looked. He still stated we would have to pay for more, then he goes on to tell us the only thing he can tell us is to go somewhere else. So as we were leaving his establishment he walks behind us talking, we both say to him that's really not nice how you are speaking to us. He says to us what's not nice is y'all coming down here trying to get something for nothing now get the f**k out. We both were so messed up behind that because we have never had anyone to talk to us like that. We trying to spend our money with you and that's how you treat us. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Best Fried Chicken Ever! A local, family owned business, passed through the generations. Breakfast is great, and the Greek food is good too. You can't beat the fun atmosphere.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We loved the food here and the service was fantastic. If youre in jackson you absolutely need to eat at lamars. Really great lunch spot and excellent value for money.