“Invisible”
Review of Julep Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Julep Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Northside Drive and Frontage Road
Description: At Julep we believe too much of a good thing can be wonderful. And that's exactly what you can expect when you experience the delightfully creative menu featuring the freshest and finest ingredients presented in the most unexpected fare imaginable!
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Had a reservation for New Year's Eve. Arrived about 20 minutes early and was seated in bar for a drink. 20 minutes we sat at the bar and we were never served or acknowledged. The bar maybe seats 12 people, not that hard to miss 2 people without drinks. Also, when you lean against the wall to drink your drink and chat with co-workers, you are not doing your job. Maybe we were overdressed since we had just come from a wedding, or maybe it was because we were not in our 20's or 30's. Maybe we should have shouted. To top it off, a table opened up, it was set up and then nearly 5 more minutes passed and we were not seated. The staff seemed to really be friendly and enjoy the company of each other, as there was a lot of chatting going on. To be fair, some of the wait staff seemed to be working very hard. It's just a shame we never got to experience it.

Reviewed May 30, 2009

My husband and I ate here today and we were not impressed. We plan many of our trips around eating and shopping and this place was on the top of our list. I had heard the reviews and we were very excited about eating here. When we arrived we were a bit confused because their wasn't anyone to seat us. The host seemed to be preoccupied in a conversation and ignored us until I asked, " Are we to seat ourselves." Getting to the food- We tried several dishes all of which were mediocre. The only thing that was satisfactory was the sweet potato fries. My husband had their "Award Winning" fried chicken that made me question the judges. The chicken was definitely pretty but the taste left something to be desired plus the sides were cold. I had the stuffed chicken which was nothing special- just a large chicken breast with some spinach between it. The portions were large, but the food definitely was not worth the price!

Reviewed May 17, 2009

As with many restaurants in Jackson, it is located in a mall off I 55. But looks are deceiving. This restaurants serves top notch creative food I had a seared tuna over grilled spaghetti squash. The combination worked so well. It is hard to describe. The wait staff were extremely attentive. One of the best meals that I had in Jackson.

Reviewed March 25, 2009

Have only eaten there once and it was for brunch. Brunch menu looked so good it was really difficult to decide but I did finally decide on the bananas foster french toast. Oh my gosh - it was one of the best things I've ever eaten! The waiter who took care of us was a hoot and kept us laughing. It was a large group of us (all girls) and he kept us all happy!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook