“Just okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Rooster's
Ranked #17 of 379 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a local, family owned and operated business that has been in business since 1984. We are in the Fondren Corner Building in the Fondren District. We are a family restaurant, with family values, children are welcome and entertained with color sheets, crackers, whatever the need be to make them have a pleasant dining experience. We serve lunch, dinner and do take out as well. We also do Corporate Catering, and make ordering and delivery as easy as possible for you. We handle a lot of Pharmacy Reps as well as Medical Sales Reps. And your order is just a text away. Call if we can be of service, I would love to have your business... Kathy Glenn
Tupelo, MS
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I expected the burgers to be better (the meat patty), the jalepeno cheddar bun was great tho!
I've ate at several places with burgers state side from alabama to texas and michigan, even overseas... this one just was okay.... as they say "nothing to write home about" Fries were a little weird with whatever they were battered in, not a good texture for me personally. Sweet tea was good!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“To go orders are ALWAYS incorrect”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Make sure you check your bag before you leave! I keep giving this restaurant a chance because it's so near home and work, but the employees are always so rude and always get my order incorrect! If you ask for ketchup, they either don't give it to you, or give 1 pack. Really??

Visited April 2013
Sherman, TX
“Cute place, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We found this place down the street from Walker's Drive in after we decided not to eat there when we saw the prices.

We enjoyed Rooster's. Nice casual atmosphere and great food for the price.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If This Was No 19, I'm Worried”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just moved to area and wanted to work my way through Trip Advisors list. Selected Roosters considering the time I had. It was good, but not 4-5 star good. I had chicken cutlet with tomato gravy. Fries were bland. Would have been better with some seasoning. Banana pudding and roll were quite good.

Hope No 1-18 live up to their reviews.

1 Thank Temptresstoo
Springfield, Missouri
“Second trip, did not disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We drove out of our way to come back this year on our way back from Florida so that we could have these burgers! The food was just as good as we remembered and this year I made sure to try the banana pudding and it was AMAZING! Take the time to give this little place a try.

• Visited May 2013