“Best deal on BBQ”

Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

For the money one the best places in Jackson Mississippi. Pulled pork and brisket are phenomenal. Salad very good to.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here a couple of times lately and while certainly not the best BBQ you'll ever eat it is consistently good. The service is fast and friendly and the atmosphere is good. Pulled pork sandwich is very good as well as the brisket. Great lunch place as you're in and out quickly. I give em 3 out of 5 forks. Check em out!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had lunch at Sonny's today, October 31, 2012. I had the dry rub ribs. The ribs were ok, but just ok. The rub overpowered the meat, and the rub was all you could taste. In addition, the ribs had almost no meat on them. The service was good, however. Overall, it is hard to rate them at anywhere above average. I have eaten much better Bar-B-Q. I will probably go back in a pinch. I'm not sure I would recommend Sonny's without a caveat about the quanity of meat and the lack of meat flavor.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Sonny's features solid BBQ ribs, brisket, chicken, and pork - slow pit roasted with dry rubs. Sauces are at the table and my favorite is sweet and spicy as it has a solid kick. Meals are accompanied by artery clogging side such as macaroni and cheese, sour cream potato salad, and beans with pork. Nothing fancy - in fact the place looks like a bit of a dive, but the food is very good, the service always friendly, and the price is right ($8-15 depending on your tastes). Four of us ate for $32 + tip last week, all were happy, and there was food left over. They have security on premise, but the location is in the DMZ so take not to wander around the neighborhood after dark.

1  Thank easystreets1
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'm always looking for a good bbq place and this was good. Had the picnic pack with a pound of pulled pork which was very tender and nicely sweet & smoky. It did not need sauce. We had potatoe salad which had a nice vinegar and mustard flavor, the baked beans- yummy and cole slaw which was very good. Tried the different sauces which were very good.I can't wait to go back to try the ribs. (probably this week.) The staff very helpful in helping us choose our meal also very friendly.