“Great Southern Cooking”

Two Sister's Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 380 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great Southern Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just like my Grandmother used to cook. Fried chicken is second to none and the hamburger steak smothered in tomato gravy melts in your mouth. All of the veggies are great especially the creamed corn. Be sure and try a cup of their vegetable soup as well. Personal favorite dessert is the apple crisp. Sunday after church can be crowded and at $15 a person it's not cheap, but if you want some great Southern Comfort Food, it's without a doubt the best in town in my opinion.

• Visited February 2014

Rutland, Vermont
“Dined Here after Watching An Episode of Bizarre Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Never had soul food before and was anxious to try everything. Andrew Zimmern said this was the best fried chicken he ever tasted, and he was right. Also tried grits, collard greens, sweet potatoes, corn muffin, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas and apple crisp. Didn't care for the black eyed peas, but everything else was wonderful. Lovely day, so we sat outside. Only $12.50 a person for the buffet which includes all you can eat, sweet tea and choice of dessert. Only open for lunch.

• Visited February 2014
San Francisco
“May be the best dining experience we have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were visiting from California and my wife, son, and I had lunch here. Everything was perfect. While waiting for a table we sat on the wood rocking chairs on the porch. You felt like your Aunt from the south was inside making the perfect southern meal. The food was over the top wonderful. It was exactly how we imagined a great southern meal when we were planning our trip. The ambience and service make you feel right at home.

We will return to Jackson again just to eat at this wonderful restaurant. Thanks for the great meal and experience.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank JoeC291
San Antonio, Texas
“Yummy and busy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband is a Jackson native and has been raving about this restaurant's bread pudding for years. We went stayed in Jackson for a night on our way elsewhere and we went for the Sunday buffet. Good Lord a mercy, it was crowded. The buffet is set up right inside the front door. The hostess was all "you want seating upstairs or downstairs?" We went upstairs after filling our plates with fried chicken, fried okra, rice and gravy, creamed corn, and cornbread muffins and rolls. I swear to goodness, that is the absolute best creamed corn I have ever eaten. I could have just eaten that and left a happy camper.

But as others have mentioned I was most curious about this bread pudding my hubby has raved on for years. Had I realized we could have gotten multiple helpings of dessert, I may have just eaten cream corn and desserts :) Definitely go. At $15/person (including drink).

• Visited January 2014
Jackson, Mississippi
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Love to come here for lunch! Great selection of southern food. The best fried chicken and yeast rolls I've ever had!! Be prepared to hunt for a parking spot, but worth it all. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2013