“Fun place for Greek food”
Review of Keifer's Downtown

Keifer's Downtown
Ranked #50 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Dining at lei fears is a wonderful Jackson,MS experience. The gyros are excellent. Be sure to order a side of potatoes but this can easily be split with 2-3 diners.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Traveling through Jackson, we wanted a little of something different to eat for dinner after eating at Two Sister's for lunch, so this came up in the search. The restaurant was bustling in a friendly laid back environment. It would have been a fun family dining experience, but we ordered to go instead since we just wanted to go back to the hotel to rest. We ordered: chicken gyro, grape leaves, pita moz, and cottage fried potatoes. The chicken gyro, the chicken was different from all the past gyro restaurants because this chicken was more processed instead of pieces of cut up checked. I liked this style more. The grape leaves were just like any other restaurant. The pita moz was a clever approach and was just right as an appetizer. I wouldn't order the cottage fried potatoes again since there was no unique taste to them. They were simply fried potato wedges.

I would like to try other items next time when we past through Jackson again. Since I wasn't blown away with the potato fries and grape leaves, I am giving it an above average rating for the creative and yummy pita moz and chicken gyro.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

One of my all-time Jackson favorites. Service is a little slow, but worth the wait. My favorite thing to do is sit out on the porch with a spicy pitatilla. YUM.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Tripadvisor seems to think that Keifer's is on Congress St. The one I went to was on Poplar St. Maybe there are two of them.
Quick service, menu mostly appetizers, wraps, and salads. Semi-Greek (i.e., you get feta cheese with some things) but really American. Greeks never spelled "tzadziki" the way Keifer's does. The prices are moderate and it's pleasant to sit outside. In two days in Jackson, we went there twice.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is a local favorite in Jackson. It is a great value for the money, and the food is consistent. Parking is a nightmare at lunch, especially with the construction going on across the street. But service is swift. There is nothing fancy here. We always get the feta plate, the pita is soft and delicious. I love to sit outside when it's available.

Been to Keifer's Downtown? Share your experiences!