“Consistent, reasonable, and delicious”

Keifer's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Keifer's is a popular Mediterranean restaurant serving Jackson, MS since 1980. We serve hot pita wraps, hummus, felafel, salads, homemade creamy feta dressing, and the best gyro in the country as seen on the Food Network!
Reviewed January 7, 2014

While as noted in some reviews that Keifer's is not the most authentic Greek or Mediterranean restaurant in the world, it remains popular among the populace of the greater Jackson Area mainly because of the atmosphere, consistency, fair prices, and great food. The Gyros served at Keifer's are always fresh and quickly delivered to your table. Ironically, the busier Keifer's appears to be, the faster the service will be. I generally do not order the traditional Gyro from Keifer's but opt for the Chicken Gyro instead which utilizes the flavor of seasoned and seared chicken, Gyro style, garnished with onions, tomatoes, and lettuce and smothered in an unique honey mustard sauce. The Pita Mozz and Hummus is a good way to start your meal. Overall, Keifer's is a fun place to share a meal and a beer with a small or large group of friends. It is an ideal place to grab a quick lunch on a short lunch break from work.

1  Thank Jd5491

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I still don't get why Keifer's is so popular. Is it because people haven't had good Mediterranean or Greek food before? The flavors are completely off and the hummus is terrible. It's a popular eating destination in Jackson probably because it's reasonably priced and considered to be "different". You're better off trying a gyro on the streets of NYC. When in Jackson, Mississippi try something else!

2  Thank Fatmahal
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great place for lunch. Service is fast and the entire place is very clean. Only problem is limited parking - but it is worth it.
Great place to eat outdoors if weather is nice.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Not an extensive menu, wish they had more sides choices, but you can't beat the turkey mozz pita. Mmm.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been eating at Keifer's for 15 years, whenever I'm in Jackson from out of town. I love their food; I always get the shrimp wrap. I was dismayed when I took my children there with me to learn that there's no separate kids menu. Our waiter suggested we order the pita moz for the kids and told us we could add ham, which we did, but the kids weren't wild about it. (Although they did eat the heck out of some pita and hummus!). Just a warning for families with kids who aren't so adventurous, but still a great place to eat and hang out!