“Good food, good atmosphere, nice experience”

BRAVO! Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 380 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pontotoc, MS
“Good food, good atmosphere, nice experience”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Drove in to Jackson and checked into our hotel. Had not had lunch, so ended up going out to dinner early. Bravo's wasn't crowded at all when we arrived (5:30! - as I said, early) but it steadily filled up this Saturday night. Was sat at a table for two by the west windows, view isn't much to speak of just the parking lot.

My wife and I ordered the Grilled Portobello Mushroom as an appetizer and it was fantastic. While they have a fairly complete menu, what had caught my eye was the wood-fired oven pizzas. We both ended up ordering one, mine the Sweet Sausage & Olive, my wife getting the Sorrento (menu is available on line at bravobuzz.com). We had a bottle of Castle Rock Merlot as accompaniment, and it filled the bill nicely. Bravo has a very decent wine list as well as full bar service. (Not a martini guy myself, but there was also a martini menu.)

Pizzas were very good - as my lovely spouse said, when you eat the pizza crust heels, you know they understand pizza. We swapped a piece and I'll have to admit -- as often happens -- her selection topped mine. Next time I'll likely order the Sorrento myself.

If you are in Jackson, Mississippi, be sure and give Bravo's Italian Restaurant a try. I can't speak for the entire menu, but I can vouch for the pizzas. For it's price point, an excellent choice.

2 Thank RickLR

Mississippi
“Excellent Service, Inticing Menu, Superb Food, and Wonderful Atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 26, 2009

We enjoyed our meal last night so very much. Five of us ordered something from each section of the menu and no one was dissappointed in the least. All of the food was superb! The selections and preparation of all of the foods showed that the staff, owners, and management really care about the dining experience. The atmosphere was so nice and comfortable but upscale as well.

A delightful evening!

jackson
“Great atmosphere & yummy food!”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My husband & I LOVE to go to Bravos! The food selection is terrific! You can't beat the atmosphere! Whether you have just 2 or a group, give Bravo a shot! You will love it! Get some hummis & flatbread for an appitizer

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent. Get the duck!”
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Excellent. Get the duck!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Connecticut
“Not for flying solo in the bar”
Reviewed November 15, 2008

I travel for work more than I wish I had to, and frequently sit alone in the bar and order from the menu. It's not as lonely as getting a table for one.

At Bravo last night (my third visit, but my first time alone), I thought I'd go through my normal routine.

I ordered a drink at 6:30 p.m. A guy next to me was finishing up his dinner. The place was quite busy, but the bartendress was not too friendly. I was never asked if I would like to see a menu. I was never asked if anyone was joining me. Nothing. Pas de service!

When my drink was done at 8 o'clock--and the people who came in and sat next to me at 7:30 were ordering from the menus, I was asked if I'd like another drink. I told her that I hadn't eaten, and would just take my check.

Both times that I ate at Bravo, the food was excellent. But the conduct of the barstaff is not customer-oriented. Last week, I started out with a friend at the bar before we moved to a table. I had to listen to the same bartendress order around, belittle, degrade, criticize and humiliate the "second" bartendress--who was evidently newer. To do that openly and within earshot of customers is wrong--just plain wrong!

My advice to those flying solo--this is not the place to have Jackson's best in the bar. The attention I received was non-existent.

6 Thank DressurReiter