“Best BBQ I have ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of E & L Barbeque

E & L Barbeque
Ranked #65 of 379 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Toronto, Canada
“Best BBQ I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Once you get past the fact that there is an armed guard, you'll find excellent food and gracious people. The dining area is a bit stark but hey you're here for the BBQ. The portions are mammoth! The sauce is so good. If you're in Jackson, try this place.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Stahl_D

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Omg”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

They are OK ppl here talk them up sooooo much I just moved here from Detroit and have tasted betterr BBQ then then there so slow and food is OK. You be the judge.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nikkinicole30
Jackson, Mississippi
“The Absolute Best Ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Finger lickin good is all I can say. Every time I come here I get the rib tips with sauce on the fries. Oh my gobbly gooo! I'll tell you this, if you order this, make sure you are near the bed. The last time I ordered this was during lunch. I came down with a bad case of the ittis! LOL. I don't care for the location but the food can't be beat!

• Visited March 2012
“Great ribs...bad location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I love this place, the rib tips are delicious, and I love their famous sauce on fries. Unfortunately it's located in a place I'd rather not visit often, even though they provide security. Therefore I rarely get to eat it but when I do it's amazing, wish they would relocate!

Memphis, TN
“Great BBQ - a MUST visit if in Jackson or driving by on I-55.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had been here about a year ago and neglected to review it. My wife and I just went back and felt obligated to review it, primarily b/c not only was it as good as I remembered, but it was as if I was eating it for the first time. I live in Memphis and have tried every place in Memphis and many in the surrounding states and other parts of the country. E&L is currently my favorite place for ribs. My review is focused on the ribs b/c that is my focus when I eat bbq. My wife gets the pulled pork sand and that was fine, but not GREAT like the ribs. The sauce is on the sweater side, so if you're looking for spice, you may not like it. Even two days later and cold, some left-over ribs were still GREAT!

As a suggestion, I recommend taking exit 98A off of I-55 (Woodrow Wilson), which is the exit just North of the restaurant (as opposed to the exit just south of the restaurant).

Most importantly, don't let the "bad neighborhood" comments scare you. The good bbq place with table-cloths does NOT exist. That is called a chain restaurant and they have average or below average bbq. This neighborhood is fine. If your idea of trying new places, however, is visiting the Outback or Texas Roadhouse while you're on vacation b/c it's not the one you're used to frequenting, then this place is not for you.

Thanks E&L.