“Yum, but definitely on the other side of the tracks”
Review of E & L Barbeque

E & L Barbeque
Ranked #62 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, French
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Was in town briefly for work and wanted the best BBQ in town.

E&L came up on a number of sites and so we decided to visit. Three "crackers" loaded up in the minivan and we soon found ourselves on the other side of the tracks. Honestly, a scary neighborhood. The armed guard, yes, armed guard, out front did little to assuage our concerns about the area. Inside the cracked linoleum and very bare bones rooms, we were greeted coolly. But then the food arrived. HUGE portion of amazing ribs and sausage in a crazily good sauce. So if you are up for an adventure, go.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

The polish sausage, wings and fries were great. I waited longer than I had expected but they had to cook my chicken. The area is not the best but it was not a problem for me. Security is provided. Anyone who is scared needs to go somewhere else.

2  Thank Ann J
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I lived in Jackson for 29 years before moving away to Washington. I travelled back home last week and this was one of two restaurants that I had on my list to visit. The rib tips are delicious and please make sure you ask for the fries with sauce. If you enjoy your barbecue sauce sweet, this is the place to go. Their polish sausages are great as well. There are not alot of restaurants that have polish on their menu nowaday.

1  Thank Travelinfo7
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Since moving to Jackson, I thought I would never find a good BBQ joint. Then everyone recommended E&L's, they were right the food is great. I LOVE the ribs, polish sausages and chicken wings. Thes taste is irreplaceable, their side dishes baked beans and potato salad sucks, stick with the fries.

Reviewed December 19, 2008

The ribs were awesome! Don't expect a nice restaurant - they don't spend much time on the dining area since we seem to be the only ones who ate in. It was a Friday and lunch time and they were very busy - but quick. The kids had cheeseburgers and fries and they loved it. My husband and I had the rib plates - more than enough for two meals. The sides weren't all that great. The potatoe salad taste exactly like the wal mart brand. The beans were so so. The fries were excellent dipped in the bbq sauce and several people had the sauce put on the fries - it looked good. I would highly recommed going for the ribs they were the best I have eaten.