“Great Margaritas!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Brookhaven, Mississippi
“Great Margaritas!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great margaritas especially at happy-hour! Great food and prices. You really get a lot for your money here.

Visited March 2013

“Really good food, but service could be better.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The host at the entrance didn't seem to care about being at work as two coworkers stood by playing on their phones. The atmosphere is best described as cheesy Mexican. This place was uncomfortably hot tonight and no one wanted to do anything about that even though people everywhere were fanning themselves. Table service was adequate. The food was very good and very fresh. The chips were warm, fresh, and plentiful. The hot sauce is so-so. I would recommend this place for the food; however, don't expect great service.

Miami, Florida
“Mississippi Mexican”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food was really good and authentic Mexican. we had pleasant service and reasonable prices. I definitely will go back!!

Visited September 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was greeted well at the door. That's where it ended. I sat at the bar, the door greeter provided me with a menu. An older white haired man was at the register behind the bar WITHIN ARMS DISTANCE OF ME, and he didn't even acknowledge my presence. I figured he was busy on the computer. But the lack of even just a simple "Hello", was a big enough warning flag, that I started the timer on my cell phone. There were about 40% of the tables with guests, and only 2 other people a the bar, both of which had their drinks and food. NOT A BUSY SITUATION AT ALL! Two (2) staff members (waiter or waitress?) came behind the bar, made drinks and left...all without acknowledging my existence. At about the 4 minute mark, a "chip-server", who looked all of about 14 years old and probably an illegal immigrant, brought me some chips and salsa. As he was placing them in front of me I politely asked, "Do you have any salsa that is really spicy"? His reply was to walk off without saying a word. At the 6 minute mark, I got up from my seat and left. I want to attribute my poor treatment to racism since I am well-groomed and WHITE.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank John S
Helena, Alabama
“Staff just didn't care”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Someone please offer customer service classes to the restaurant owners and managers of Mississippi! La Cazuela continued our Mississippi experience of restaurant staff that just didn’t care. The older man who greeted my extended family of nine on a slow night was just flat out rude. We asked if smoking was allowed on the deck, didn’t receive a response, then when we walked out on the smoky deck and immediately requested to be seated inside in a non-smoking area, he rolled his eyes and wordlessly lead us back inside. Instead of seating us in the empty section to the left of the front door, he crammed us in between a wall and the rowdy bar saying the other area was closed. We should have got up and walked out then. To their credit, our server was pleasant on the rare occasions when he appeared and the food was excellent and plentiful; my father-in-law said it was one of the biggest and best quesadillas he had ever had. If you can live with lousy customer service and don’t care about your young children having to listen to drunken stories from the bar have at it, but we’ll never go back.

Visited May 2012