“Can go wrong with Char”
Review of Char Restaurant

Char Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Char Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 391 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: E Northside Dr.
Description: Char restaurant offers modern Southern cuisine with distinct spirit and charm. Char offers great lunch specials during the week and a jazz brunch on Sunday. Our specialties include USDA Prime and Choice cuts of beef, veal and lamb, along with seafood and shellfish roasted to perfection. At Char we give you excellent service and food in a warm and entertaining atmosphere. Char is locally owned by the same folks that brought you Amerigo Italian Restaurant, Sombra Mexican Kitchen, Anjou Restaurant and Saltine Oyster Bar. Located in Highland Village, Char offers reservations and private dining rooms for special events. If you prefer to host your event at your venue of choice, we'll bring fine dining to you! Char offers delivery and full-service catering options for groups of any size. Our Sales Manager will work with you to create a customized menu with flawless execution of your special day.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have eaten here plenty of times on business meeting, holiday gathering and just the wife and I. I have never had a bad experience here. The food is great and so is the service.

1  Thank crwchief6

Reviewed May 28, 2014

W!e arrived at Char a bit past 3 pm, expecting to have a limited menu and distracted service on Memorial Day. True, we HAD e-mailed them, and had been told that they were open and gladly serving, but still….

Happily surprised, we were, with the grace of lunch AND dinner choices, along with a lovely wine list. Adrian, our server, was a delight!

We enjoyed terrific gumbo, "no-filler" crab cakes and a maple-fired salmon. Great fare for a holiday lunch, and we will return when we are in Jackson.

One caveat: This was the third time we had tried to dine at Char. They stay busy, and usually have a wait, so an off-hours visit is NOT a bad idea.

Many thanks to Adrian for making this a wonderful experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We go to Char several times a month and the quality of food and excellent service can always be counted on. Many times we sit at a table in the bar (open seating) and Lindsay will see us walk in and have our drink on the table before we can sit down!! Many of the portions are big enough for my husband and I to split. We especially enjoy the blackfish, chicken picatta, free range chicken, & spinach crisp appetizer. The carmel apple dessert is my all time favorite. Be sure to sign up for their frequent diner card!!

1  Thank RSCHNEE
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love the appetizers. I've tried them all. And the steaks are to die for. Nice place to go for a corporate gathering or a more intimate meal. You will enjoy the atmosphere and the food!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The best thing I enjoyed about char was the atmosphere. The lights are dim and mood is quaint. This particular night a pianist entertained the bar area and he was taking request. Not to mention, they have an awesome martini selection. My wife ordered the birthday cake martini and she loved it.