“Late Mid-Week Lunch”

Ranked #177 of 384 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
“Late Mid-Week Lunch”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My Wife and I visited Capitol Grill in the middle of the afternoon to take advantage of the quieter atmosphere. We were waited on right away by a nice waiter who brought our drinks quickly. My Wife ordered a Pot Roast Po'boy with Gravy, Macaroni and Cheese with the addition of Gravy (the latter was questioned by our waiter for clarification). I ordered a Shrimp Po'boy with Fries. We finished our drinks while we waited and ordered a 2nd round when our food was delivered. My wife noted to the waiter that there was no Gravy on either the Sandwich or the Mac and Cheese. After a pretty good while, he brought a Ramekin of gravy that tasted more like an institutional product). My Shrimp Poboy was unique in that the tails appeared to be on the shrimp (not a problem for me but probably not okay for many others). The Fries were plentiful and very good. This experience overall was not at all what we expected for a medium priced Lunch and will probably not be a choice our Lunch agenda again. There are MANY very good Lunch alternates nearby.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank H Michael B

“nice sports atmosphere”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

nice ball game watching spot, they just need a little better service and the food is very average. I do think they are working on correcting this there. Very friendly atmosphere

Visited December 2013
“Great new local place!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Came by to check it out, I had been hearing about it. Loved the atmosphere, looks like a great place to watch my Saints, they had this giant projecter screen. Anyway, the food was amazing, everything was fresh, my date had this crazy macaroni and cheese burger that looked amazing but was def not on my diet. My food was really really good, and I had one of their bloody marys, it had bacon salt on the rim! Thank you for bacon salt, now give me the recipe immediately, my gym will thank you. I'll be back, definitely!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Elizabeth T
Jackson, Mississippi
“Really enjoyed it! Will definitely be back!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First time in last night, and I really enjoyed it. Came with some friends, and I got the fried chicken sandwich with bacon and apple butter (was an awesome sandwich), they got char grilled oysters and their pulled pork sandwich. Everything was really good, the oysters smelled amazing, and I got to try a bite of the pulled pork. Fantastically spiced! Our server, Zan was a really nice young man, answered every question we had with a smile on his face. I really hope this place does well because I want to come back and try those oysters!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Liz W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had lunch twice and drinks with friends one night recently. Not sure why the service is so bad but they really need to get it together. And who really wants to listen to "Hells Bells" during lunch? The place has great potential, hopefully the new mngmt. won't turn it into another dive bar. There was live music the night we went and a decent crowd but appeared to be nobody waiting tables, making patrons come to the bar and waiting 20 minutes for a drink is inexcusable.

• Visited June 2013