“Really enjoyed it! Will definitely be back!”
Review of Capitol Grill

Capitol Grill
Ranked #105 of 391 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First time in last night, and I really enjoyed it. Came with some friends, and I got the fried chicken sandwich with bacon and apple butter (was an awesome sandwich), they got char grilled oysters and their pulled pork sandwich. Everything was really good, the oysters smelled amazing, and I got to try a bite of the pulled pork. Fantastically spiced! Our server, Zan was a really nice young man, answered every question we had with a smile on his face. I really hope this place does well because I want to come back and try those oysters!

2  Thank Liz W

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had lunch twice and drinks with friends one night recently. Not sure why the service is so bad but they really need to get it together. And who really wants to listen to "Hells Bells" during lunch? The place has great potential, hopefully the new mngmt. won't turn it into another dive bar. There was live music the night we went and a decent crowd but appeared to be nobody waiting tables, making patrons come to the bar and waiting 20 minutes for a drink is inexcusable.

1  Thank Paco C
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Live nearby in NE Jackson. First time there tonight; ribeye, salad and wine. Steak was cooked right- a good medium pink, would like more salt/pepper/butter/flavor and a more tender cut. Fries were good, but would like to see them go to home cut. House salad was excellent with feta and nuts added. Ate every bit of it, will go back...would really like to see this place become a neighborhood staple. Some big, clear TV sets with all the games on...and they are supposed to add many more by football season.

1  Thank deltaboy
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had driven by Capitol Grill a few times and decided to give it a try. Tonight (A Saturday), they had a nice band playing, but it was a little loud.

I had the ribeye steak and my wife had the pecan redfish. My steak was cut well and cooked perfectly, but was under seasoned. A shake of salt helped both our entrees. I upgraded one of my side dishes to a caesar salad. It had a bit much dressing on it for me, but the buttery croutons were outstanding. The other side I had was chipotle mac and cheese. It was decent, but the chipotle was barely noticeable.

Our waitress was a little slow first coming to our table, but was fine afterwards. I had a couple of beers. The selection was marginal, but most should find something they can enjoy. My wife tried a riesling that she enjoyed.

I think the dinner selections were varied enough that most would find an entree they would enjoy. Our total bill with the three beverages mentioned was about $67 including tax, but not tip.

2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We had Sunday lunch here. This is a very nice place - new, clean, vibrant atmosphere. The wait staff was eager to please. They had sampled all dishes on the menu including a new brunch menu and offered suggestions. We had the twisted chicken appetizer which were very good tenders. We both had shrimp poboys. These had about 8 large fresh shrimp, lettuce, tomato on authentic bread. We had cocktail sauce instead of mayo. They were very good for $10 with a side. I upped the side to a small Capitol salad with very good house made balsamic and comeback dressings. The entrees are the same at lunch and dinner and were pricey for lunch in the $15 and up range. We will try some of these off the weekday express lunch menu as thy are $10 or so on that menu.
Overall this is much nicer than a typical sports bar in menu and atmosphere. I've heard that their oyster appetizers are exceptional. Definitely worth a visit.

Been to Capitol Grill? Share your experiences!