“Good, fresh, reasonably priced Tex-Mex fare.”
Review of Jaco's Taco's

Jaco's Taco's
Ranked #43 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant
Description: New restaurant
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Jaco's Tacos is a fairly new Tex-Mex arrival on the Jackson dining scene and I seem to be one of many locals who are glad. After only two visits for dinner I would give a guarded B + to Jaco's. The food was fresh and tasty. The portions were ample. The prices were reasonable. The service was acceptable. To be totally fair, I need to point out that the parking lot, while convenient, had more pot holes than a slab of Swiss cheese and if one made the mistake of parking in the rear of the lot it was necessary to pass the garbage bin on the way to and from your car which could take the edge off your appetite or memory of a good meal. Hopefully that issue will be addressed.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I kept hearing about how good this place was, and finally went there for lunch. I really liked the atmosphere, the food was excellent and the service was attentive. I ordered the shrimp quesadillas. They seemed a little pricey at first, but when you see how thick the quesadillas are you understand why. They don't skimp!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went on a Saturday night, but a little early since we had a toddler. We had no trouble getting seated; we chose inside because of the heat but the patio would be great in cooler weather. There was a steady stream of patrons. My husband had nachos as a dinner rather than appetizer and had plenty to eat. I was told the burritos were huge so I got the chicken enchilada which was plenty big for me. My son-in-law got the Mohave pork burrito, and my daughter got two tacos. The food was very good. The salsa was very fresh. We were warned that everything was cooked to order, so we were not surprised we had to wait. This is not taco bell! The side order of beans is more pinto beans than the refried glop so often served in Mexican restaurants. The restaurant is in a large warehouse, so our toddler could get down and move a little; no one seemed to mind. My only complaint is that I thought it was pricey. Approximately $10 for two tacos, for instance. The food was good and different from most Mexican places, so I recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a unique restaurant. It is not your typical Mexican food. It is very fresh and different but wonderful! It has great outside or indoor seating. We have taken our infant many times and it is a great place for that. We have tried almost everything on the menu and have not been disappointed in anything. Our very favorite is the taco meal. One taco is huge and the rice and beans are great! The salsa is just right and we love the chips. Try the sauce they serve on the side! It is unique but wonderful! Great dining in Downtown jackson!

1  Thank mere17
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had lunch at Jaco's Taco's today, March, 28, 2013. I sat at the bar, and found the bar service to be excellent. I was served tortilla chips and dip, it was good and tasted fresh. The bartender told me that the tacos were big, so I ordered one taco. It was a grilled shrimp taco. It came with cheese, and some greens, and a sauce. The taco also came with spanish rice and beans. Again, everything tasted very good, and fresh. I commented on this, and was told that every thing is made fresh each day. The food service was also excellent. The value is definately there, and the food was very good. I will be telling people about this one.