“Pricey but tasty”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant
Description: New restaurant
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went on a Saturday night, but a little early since we had a toddler. We had no trouble getting seated; we chose inside because of the heat but the patio would be great in cooler weather. There was a steady stream of patrons. My husband had nachos as a dinner rather than appetizer and had plenty to eat. I was told the burritos were huge so I got the chicken enchilada which was plenty big for me. My son-in-law got the Mohave pork burrito, and my daughter got two tacos. The food was very good. The salsa was very fresh. We were warned that everything was cooked to order, so we were not surprised we had to wait. This is not taco bell! The side order of beans is more pinto beans than the refried glop so often served in Mexican restaurants. The restaurant is in a large warehouse, so our toddler could get down and move a little; no one seemed to mind. My only complaint is that I thought it was pricey. Approximately $10 for two tacos, for instance. The food was good and different from most Mexican places, so I recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a unique restaurant. It is not your typical Mexican food. It is very fresh and different but wonderful! It has great outside or indoor seating. We have taken our infant many times and it is a great place for that. We have tried almost everything on the menu and have not been disappointed in anything. Our very favorite is the taco meal. One taco is huge and the rice and beans are great! The salsa is just right and we love the chips. Try the sauce they serve on the side! It is unique but wonderful! Great dining in Downtown jackson!

1  Thank mere17
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had lunch at Jaco's Taco's today, March, 28, 2013. I sat at the bar, and found the bar service to be excellent. I was served tortilla chips and dip, it was good and tasted fresh. The bartender told me that the tacos were big, so I ordered one taco. It was a grilled shrimp taco. It came with cheese, and some greens, and a sauce. The taco also came with spanish rice and beans. Again, everything tasted very good, and fresh. I commented on this, and was told that every thing is made fresh each day. The food service was also excellent. The value is definately there, and the food was very good. I will be telling people about this one.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Anything in downtown Jackson is a welcome addition. The beer selection is good (even at $7 a pint for IPA). Bar service was slow, but friendly. The jalapeno poppers were so spicy, they were not edible. I tried to order the shrimp brochette, but those are not available anymore. The Mexican pizza had a lot of cheese and a lot of bread. I'll try it again. The enchiladas are evidently the thing to order.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Jaco's Tacos has a nice atmosphere. You can choose to sit inside or outside on a covered patio. Servers were very friendly and helpful. The food was okay. Really did not like the "thick" soft bread taco shells or the "sauce". The chip and dip was good and the flavor of the meat inside the taco was nice. The huge plate of nachos ordered by the next table looked scrumptous. I thought the place was a little pricy.