“Food is good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jaco's Taco's
Ranked #38 of 379 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New restaurant
Canton, Mississippi
“Food is good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I will be returning. I loved the fact it is inside and outside. My and my daughter ate outside. Downtown Jackson has no view.

Visited October 2012

Brandon, Mississippi
“I'm impressed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My fiance and I had a $30 GroupOn to Jaco's. Thought we'd give it a try for dinner last night. When we first drove up, it looked a little "shady," and my fiance asked if I'd rather go elsewhere. I told him some of the best restaurants little "holes in the wall" that have really terrific food. So was the case tonight.

We were greeted promptly and shown to our booth inside. The chips were fresh and warm, and the salsa was served in an iron cup (much like the one at Babalu's). The portion sizes were HUGE! A great value for your money. My margarita was the size of the "jumbo" margarita at El Sombrero, and my fiance got a pitcher of fine draft beer for only $10!

He ordered a steak burrito, which came with rice and beans. The burrito itself was huge, and smothered with cheese. The steak had a fine taste and was tender. In fact, once we were full, we just picked out the steak to eat because it was so good. The beans were served on the side, and their texture reminded us of baked beans. He said they were good.

As for me, I ordered a chicken quesadilla. The waitress told me that it was an appetizer, and may be too small. I ordered a pork taco on the side. WAY too much food! the quesadilla had quality smoked chicken in it, and took up the entire plate. And the pork taco tasted almost like pulled pork. It was so good! If we're ever in the neighborhood, we'll definitely be going back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clinton, MS, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I went here for lunch on a Friday and sat at the bar. Our service was friendly and we got our food very quickly. I had the guacamole and the steak tacos. The guacamole was fresh and tasty. The tacos are not what you would get at Taco Bell or a traditional Mexican restaurant. They have more of a flat bread shell, which is made in house. I personally liked it, but I could see how it could be surprising if you're expecting something thin and crispy. The steak was perfectly cooked and well seasoned. All in all, I will return and would recommend to someone looking for a good lunch in downtown Jackson.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Katherine A
jackson
“Don't get it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went to jacos tacos after reading mixed reviews.I am afraid the ones that were not good were more accurate.We ordered the queso dip that was made with yellow cheese and tomatoes, that was bland and boring and the stuffed jalapeños that were stuffed with chicken and cheese and served with more queso, by far the best of the meal. Then came the burritos.The tortillas were thick and doughy (like a thick flatbread) and seasoned with strong overpowering spices and stuffed with grilled steak (ok) and pork(sweet and strange seasoning) and covered with more queso. ($14 really?) The service and atmosphere was ok, but all in all I will never go back.I'm just sorry I don't have another dining choice here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ATL
“Good food. Worth trying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have been to this place a couple of times now when visiting Jackson. come early for the best service on the weekend. once they get busy the kitchen gets behind in the food comes out slow. the wait staff is always friendly but they are at the mercy of the kitchen. they could stand to spend some money and buy new chairs. they are very uncomfortable for shorter people. they are outdoor patio chairs which simply are not conducive to a restaurant. All in all this is a good place make sure to try the chicken tacos.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Jaco's Taco's? Share your experiences!