“Don't get it!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant
Description: New restaurant
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went to jacos tacos after reading mixed reviews.I am afraid the ones that were not good were more accurate.We ordered the queso dip that was made with yellow cheese and tomatoes, that was bland and boring and the stuffed jalapeños that were stuffed with chicken and cheese and served with more queso, by far the best of the meal. Then came the burritos.The tortillas were thick and doughy (like a thick flatbread) and seasoned with strong overpowering spices and stuffed with grilled steak (ok) and pork(sweet and strange seasoning) and covered with more queso. ($14 really?) The service and atmosphere was ok, but all in all I will never go back.I'm just sorry I don't have another dining choice here.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have been to this place a couple of times now when visiting Jackson. come early for the best service on the weekend. once they get busy the kitchen gets behind in the food comes out slow. the wait staff is always friendly but they are at the mercy of the kitchen. they could stand to spend some money and buy new chairs. they are very uncomfortable for shorter people. they are outdoor patio chairs which simply are not conducive to a restaurant. All in all this is a good place make sure to try the chicken tacos.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went to Jaco's Tacos for lunch today. We arrived a few minutes before they actually opened for lunch, but were seated and within a couple of minutes our waiter was there to take our order. In addition to the salsa, we ordered cheese dip and their made-fresh guacamole. He made recommendations after asking if we wanted them...I got the quesadilla, one friend got a cheese burrito, and one the pork taco. She said the sauce on the pork, which we found out was the marinade, had a little zing and was excellent. Friends commented they were glad the beans were beans, not refried bean mush...everything was so good. We all ended up taking half of our lunches home to make room for the waiter's recommendation of the bread pudding...and we NEVER get dessert. Glad we did this time. After the lunch we had though, one serving was enough for the three of us to share.
Service was speedy and friendly. Our waiter was personable and funny without being annoying. Wish I had thought to get his name...but next time I go I will try to get seated in his section.
Downtown Jackson needs more restaurants downtown, so support this one. I will be back.