“The Roach Motel”

Best Value Inn & Suites
Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 6/3/13 from 5pm to 11:45pm. Did not stay overnight for the following reasons:
Peeling Ceiling
Covered Windows
Filthy WAshrooms
Bad Service
ROACHES, ROACHES, ROACHES!!!

My night involved being charged $50 for a night when I had paid for a week and had to leave the hotel. Had to call police and file report due to not getting money back. There were roaches in my bed, night stands , and even the microwave. Attendant offered other rooms and roaches were visible in those rooms. Not to mention the constant traffic in and out the place, loud music playing, and drugs being sold on the premises. After that I just wanna put the whole ordeal behind me bcuz that was indeed the worse experience of my life.

Cheap prices isn't always best. The pictures may look good but it's a different story once in the rooms. I say just pay for luxury bcuz it's worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Best Value Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm mad az hell about the impression the website gives. No comp breakfast, dirty, smoked-filled rooms. Was told couples can only do King sz room and then I see a couple in a Single room that was NICE! I feel like they just put African Americans in anything while the Caucasian couple got a nicer room AND were able to have a single room. All in all BULL!

Would possibly stay here again if my money was low and they gave me same respect as any other paying customer. Refuse to receive the same room or service when I know they are capable of better.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I haven't stay anywhere else in Jackson but I'm sure there are better options.

We asked to look at a room first. Then when we decided to take it they told us it was reserved and put us in another room. We switched after complaining it smelt like smoke.

The next wasn't much better. Towels were stained, dead cockroach behind the bathroom door, a layer of dust on everything and a brown mark on the bathroom wall that I don't want to know where it came from.

Noisy with people coming and going all night. I was just hoping my truck would still be there in the morning.

Breakfast was 1 honey bun on request, coffee and oj.

We are definitely not fussy people and travel on a budget. We don't expect much when you do get what you paid for. But for the same money we have had much much better. This place was just plain dirty.

Find somewhere else in Jackson even if it cost you a bit more.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I was begining orientation at UMC and needed and an extended stay place while I settled into town, I thought location wise it would be great (close to UMC, Broadstreet Cafe, etc.). It is very inexpensive... but where to begin. The gave me a non smoking room that reeked of cigarettes, made me pay a five dollar deposit for an ethernet cable (and they had to shuffle me around to several rooms to find one with functional internet), Room carpet, sheets, and towels were disgustingly stained. While I was in the reception area a very angry customer was alleging the owners or their staff had stolen $25 from his room. The second night I was there I barely got any sleep between all the noise and lady knocking on my door at 2:30am who I can only assume was a prostitute, whom I had to insist go away. On the plus side my car was not broken into. Suffice to say I did not stay the entire week at this place, so the cheapest option ended being the most expensive...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Totally unreasonable owner! When booking the reservation I was told the rooms were decent, clean, and non smoking. When I got there and inspected the room it was dirty and smelled of heavy cheap air freshener - the cover up for a smoking room. I checked out
3 rooms and all were horrible. Mold on walls. The bottom corner of the room into the bath was not even connected to the floor. Sheets were dirty. The AC circulated dust and dirt that was actually visible.

The owner would would not discuss making a deal to cancel the reservation. He went into his room and left me at the counter. His poor staff could do nothing.

This is a horrible hotel. I am certain that it is a "cash" only hotel where they absolutely love to have reservations from honest credit card customers so they can refuse to credit your account when you are dissatisfied with the rooms. I would never encourage anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TimofPetalMS
Reviewed April 29, 2007

I am a school teacher from new albany mississippi and we booked 20 rooms at this hotel with the promise that it was a fit place to stay for children. When we arrived, we found that the rooms were just filthy, and run down. There is a bar on the premises, drunks everywhere yelling at our kids as to what they would like to do with them, and the security guard tried to sell marijuana to one of our kids.

When we approached the owner, all he was concerned about was that we had booked the rooms for 3 days and that we would have to pay for all 3 days. Not the fact that his motel was a nasty and unsafe place for our kids to stay.

We only recommend that you stay here if you have a bullit proof vest and an armed escort.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank elizabeth999
A TripAdvisor Member
memphis, tn
Reviewed May 10, 2006

I was booked at another hotel, and they lost my reservations, so I went to Best Value, which I had vowed never to go to again. As it turns out, they have a new owner, and I was pleasantly surprised. This was the most courteous and hard working hotel owner I have ever met. He went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. The rooms are exactly what you would expect for 50 dollars, but the service you get is superb. I know lots of hotel owners could take a few lessons from Morgan, and I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Extended Stay America - Jackson - North
Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland
Extended Stay America - Jackson - East Beasley Road
Residence Inn Jackson The District at Eastover
Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds
Extended Stay America - Jackson - Ridgeland

Been to Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!