“Worst decision ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
Petal, MS
“Worst decision ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2007

Totally unreasonable owner! When booking the reservation I was told the rooms were decent, clean, and non smoking. When I got there and inspected the room it was dirty and smelled of heavy cheap air freshener - the cover up for a smoking room. I checked out
3 rooms and all were horrible. Mold on walls. The bottom corner of the room into the bath was not even connected to the floor. Sheets were dirty. The AC circulated dust and dirt that was actually visible.

The owner would would not discuss making a deal to cancel the reservation. He went into his room and left me at the counter. His poor staff could do nothing.

This is a horrible hotel. I am certain that it is a "cash" only hotel where they absolutely love to have reservations from honest credit card customers so they can refuse to credit your account when you are dissatisfied with the rooms. I would never encourage anyone to stay there.

• Liked — zero
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TimofPetalMS

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
new albany ms
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2007

I am a school teacher from new albany mississippi and we booked 20 rooms at this hotel with the promise that it was a fit place to stay for children. When we arrived, we found that the rooms were just filthy, and run down. There is a bar on the premises, drunks everywhere yelling at our kids as to what they would like to do with them, and the security guard tried to sell marijuana to one of our kids.

When we approached the owner, all he was concerned about was that we had booked the rooms for 3 days and that we would have to pay for all 3 days. Not the fact that his motel was a nasty and unsafe place for our kids to stay.

We only recommend that you stay here if you have a bullit proof vest and an armed escort.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elizabeth999

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2006

I was booked at another hotel, and they lost my reservations, so I went to Best Value, which I had vowed never to go to again. As it turns out, they have a new owner, and I was pleasantly surprised. This was the most courteous and hard working hotel owner I have ever met. He went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. The rooms are exactly what you would expect for 50 dollars, but the service you get is superb. I know lots of hotel owners could take a few lessons from Morgan, and I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2005

Unfortunately we were somewhat forced into our Stay at that Best Value after the hurricane forced us out of our home. The staff seemed overwhelmed at unexpected load, but overall they seemed to be doing the best they could. As for the rooms, they were not 5 star rooms, but at $50 a night they were more then we expected.

Would I stay there again? For the price range, certainly.

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2005

We thought we were lucky to find this place because we were escaping a hurricane, but I can promise you that next time I'll sleep in my car.

The rooms (we had 5) were filthy - trash under the beds, nasty stains on the walls and carpet. Some of the air conditioners weren't working properly. Although we had more than 2 people per room and paid for those extra people, we were only allowed 2 towels per room.

The front office staff was not polite, nor were they helpful.

• Stayed September 2004