Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Mississippi, United States
“Nice stay”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We booked two rooms for two adults and five children. They gave us side by side rooms when we checked in. Clean and comfortable. The breakfast was just what we needed to fuel up for a 5k! We will stay again in the future. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed March 2014
Dave P, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your review! For all multi room reservations, we do our best in keeping families together as we know how difficult it can be to have rooms on different floors! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have no idea why anyone would rag on a hotel for having gates/fences. So ridiculous. I personally didn't feel any safer by having them, but since "outsiders" can't park on the hotel's property, it's extremely nice to know that I'll have a place to park my car, when I need it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your review! We installed a gated entrance to guarantee a parking space for all of our guests. This gate does not affect the way we provide service and we do our best in providing the cleanest and best room in Jackson, MS for the price. We are always doing what we can in providing superior customer care. Thank you!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 12, 2014

this hotel was extremely clean - apparently had been recently remodeled. The front desk person was so friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice and the bed was awesome. I have pressure points and the soft top of the mattress made sleeping wonderful. We were concerned about the security due to fenced in parking but had no problems and did like it as we felt our vehicle was safe. The breakfast was good. Good location right off the interstate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review! We do our best in treating all of our guests as family. We are always striving in providing great service and great rooms in Jackson, MS. We truly appreciate your review and look forward to serving you again.
Meridian, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stay in many Hotel all over the state of Mississippi and find that the Best Western in Jackson is my preferred Inn. The staff and room are good for the money but the security gate is the reason I stay here. I sleep without fear that people that are not customers are around my truck or room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dave P, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your review! Our goal is to be the cleanest and safest hotel in Jackson, MS. We look forward to serving you again in the future! Thanks!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel was extremely clean and wonderful for a perfect family stay. It was located right in the heart of the city walking distance to many restaurants. Close to capitol building and downtown Jackson, MS at a great price. Breakfast was great and complimentary. I highly recommend this hotel. Hands down the best place I have ever stayed at in Jackson, MS.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your pleasant review! We are doing our best to make this hotel one of the best in Jackson, MS and thank you for your support. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
maxcy50
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have had to stay at this hotel and will continue to do so for an undetermined amount of time. I live 2 1/2 hours away from Jackson and have to come for treatments (Leukemia) every other Thursday. The staff are very unobtrusive and you don't see or hear any noises and like the security of knowing there is a large iron fence around the entire hotel and you must have a key card for entry for parking and for access to the hotel. Receptionist have been excellent and efficient with great attitudes. Excellent for business trip with the quiet, security, and helpful staff, not to mention the great breakfast. For your other two meals there are 4 places you can walk to...I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dave P, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank You very much for your review! We are doing our best to make every guests' experience a wonderful one! We look forward to serving you again! Thank You!
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while traveling for work. I was a little nervous when I pulled in and noticed the fenced off parking area. But as soon as I stepped foot in the lobby, I could tell it was nice. The lobby smelled amazing. Idk if it was a Scentys thing or not but it smelled good. The room and bed was excellent, t.v.was big and the chair and couch to relax on were very nice. I went down to breakfast at 845 it closes at 9. There was only one biscuit left and Tina the nice breakfast lady offered to make me some more. Very cool, in my book. She was trying to clean up and took the time to make sure I had something to eat! Overall I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dave P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on your hotel stay, I’m glad you had a wonderful stay and your needs were all met, we do try our best to take care of all of our guests. We look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Jackson, MS.