“No bacon for breakfast”

Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Abilene, Texas
“No bacon for breakfast”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was very nice. But there were a few issues I had. One, the rooms are very cold upon arrival. There are two different thermostats for the suite we were in which was confusing. We turned the temperature up on one of them, but not the other. Our baby woke up in the middle of night because of the cold. It took five minutes to find the other thermostat. Do the rooms really need to be 65 when you arrive?

I really liked the beds, a little noisey, but very comfy.

The breakfast wasn't amazing, mostly breads. I had a waffle from their waffle maker. There was no bacon, or biscuits. Maybe I picked the wrong morning. The big plus on their breakfast was eco-friendly plastic ware. It was clearly better for the enviroment, and easy to use.

The staff was helpful, recommending a restaurant that we really enjoyed.

Beware of the workout room that doesn't have a handle on the inside. We got locked in!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,023 helpful votes
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked a stop at the Best Western Executive Inn in Jackson, Mississippi, located close to Interstate 55 and about mile or two from the state capitol, because it would be the last stop on our two-week trip to the Deep South. On our last day, we left Madewood Plantation in Napoleonville, Louisiana, visited historic Houmas House Plantation and Gardens, then drove to Jackson to spend the night. The following day, we drove 12 hours and 700 miles to our home in Chicago. On our driving trips, we usually choose Best Western. We have found they are very clean with large rooms and good breakfasts and large television screens, some with HD channels. The Best Western in Jackson had an additional and very unique plus, a secure parking lot that was gated. Only people with rooms could get in or out. I have never experienced that before and I found it very satisfying. Good for Best Western. The staff was very helpful. The room was large with a large couch and armchair and a king-sized bed and lots of closet space. The manager, Dave Patel, greeted me as we left at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Room Tip: We asked for and received a large room with a king-sized bed on the first floor, close to the exit w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taylor B
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This rooms here are immaculate and very clean. Very large rooms, huge televisions with HD channels, breakfast was great with sausage, scrambled eggs, etc...and service was wonderful. Lashunda was great! I will be back!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Drrckbutler
Bonita, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and i reserved our room because we choice to go to Jackson.I choose this hotel based on its reviews and proximity to the interstate and resturants.My husband and i will not hesitate to stay again.On the positive side,the hotel met my number criteria which everything was quiet,comfortable,and clean.I enjoyed my stay.Beautiful rooms.

Room Tip: Great hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Love2Travel00101, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank You for your review! We are doing our best in making this hotel the best Jackson has to offer. Hope to see you again soon! All the best!
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My sister and I booked a reservation at this hotel to attend a relative's funeral. When we returned for our second night of three our room had not been serviced properly so when I called to the front desk I was told to come to the desk to pick up the things I needed. I said that I was not going to do that as this was part of the service I was paying for and after a very angry rant the front desk clerk hung up on me. I plan to check out in the AM and get a refund and wnted to let the world know to avoid this property.

Room Tip: Avoid totally
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wayne561
Love2Travel00101, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you very much in writing us a review. As a manager of Best Western Executive Inn, we take reviews very seriously and do whatever it is necessary to continue improving our hotel. As front desk is very busy throughout the day, we often ask guests if they would like to come down to the lobby to pick up anything they need so they don't have to wait to get the items needed as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. I have used this experience as a training exercise for my front desk staff on ways of responding to guests needs. We have undergone massive renovations at Best Western Executive Inn and it's only getting better...we hope to see you again soon!
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I were just passing through Jackson and needed a place to stay for the night. I choose this hotel based on it's reviews and proximity to the interstate. I would not hesitate to stay here again if necessary. On the positive side, the hotel met my number one criteria, which is cleanliness. It was clean but not immaculate. Next, the bed was comfortable, and it had a lush and soft comforter on it. The room was fairly quiet; there was only occasional noise from the nearby interstate and absolutely none from other guest rooms. The room decor was modern and visually pleasing to me. The room also had quite a large TV.
On the negative side, the outside of the hotel was visually unappealing. It looks quite different from the online picture. It is a very ugly purplish color, has no landscaping, and is completely surrounded by a fence. It requires a guest key to even enter the parking lot (I suppose this is good for security). The Shoney's restaurant, Waffle House, and some burger joint just across the small street are equally bleak looking. It certainly gives the appearance of being in a bad part of town. However, the desk clerk explained that the place is close to the state fairgrounds and the coliseum, and the fence is to keep non-guests from using the parking lot. The dining area in the hotel is also unappealing. It was dark and the lobby was cluttered with numerous renovation supplies. Breakfast was just okay. The bacon was absolutely flavorless and the sausage extremely fatty, but the cook did a great job on the eggs. However, breakfast would have been greatly enhanced by the addition of some gravy. Lastly, the rooms towels were so rough that they felt like sandpaper.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite from the side facing the interstate to eliminate any traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janey S
Thank You very much for taking the time in writing a review for us! We enjoy taking care of our guests and hope to see you again soon!
Needham,Alabama
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed our stay.The location is convenient.Walking distance to Shonneys and Waffle house.The hotel rooms are big with big bathroom.The beds are comfortable and big.The young lady at the front desk was niceI think her name is Britney.I will stay again.They were working on the hotel making it look better and that's the only thing but it was noisey.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Sheneka N
Thank You for your review. We now have 42 inch flat screen televisions with all channels in High Definition and have just finished renovating our lobby! We hope to see you soon!