$131
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$85
$93
All reviewsgated parkingbest westernsfront deskwestern hotelsroom was cleanparking lotwould stay here againbiscuitsexcellent hotelcontinental breakfastenjoyed my staythe breakfast areagreat place to stayfencebwmsdispenser
Reviewed February 7, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My stay at this hotel was not good!! The bed was comfortable but that was about all!! We even found someone else's hair on the ?? clean sheets!! The staff from the front desk to the housekeeping were very rude! They acted like you were inconveniencing them if you even talked to them! They also charged an extra $5.00 to stay till noon instead of 11 am which may be a company policy but its not a good one if they want people to return, especially when they have all the construction work going on with loud noises!

• Stayed: February 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank janetfromms
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My overall stay at the Best Western was at most AVERAGE. The room was ok and the price wasn't bad either, but the staff was down right MEAN! From the housekeeping staff to the front desk were EXTREMELY RUDE. The housekeeping lady ROLLED HER EYES at me when I told her we had a late check out (apparently upset at the fact that she couldn't clean the room when SHE wanted to) & when I explained the situation to the front desk associate...she took up for her & told me she was just asking when we would check out....she didn't apologize for the housekeeping lady being rude...instead she was plain RUDE herself! WILL NEVER GO BACK & unless you want RUDE staff..I wouldn't recommend going either!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Julie D
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great value for a nicely arranged suite with a little privacy for the child, though not completely closed off. Great location for a convention at the Coliseum, and an EXCELLENT staff. They go out of their way to be kind, welcoming, and try to make guests comfortable in spite of a difficult situation: renovations (apparently ongoing for quite some time now) being done around guests. The lobby is currently being drywalled and plastered. I can't imagine trying to accomplish this while guests are coming and going. It clearly slows down the work, makes the staff's job much harder (setting up breakfast every morning in a guest room near the lobby, mopping up plaster constantly, etc.), and it can't be good for business. I think there were twelve other cars in the lot when we were there. Seemed to us it would be better to close for a day or two and spend the money for a big enough crew to finish the job quickly, rather than keep trying to work around ongoing business. So we were unimpressed with the owner or whoever made the decision to do the renovations this way - but were very impressed with the staff and pretty much everything else about the hotel. I'm sure it will be excellent when the work is done, assuming the prices don't shoot up! (I hope the owners realize how lucky they are to have employees like this. They make all the difference.)

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want at the desk, they will do everything they can to accomodate you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend checked in on the 28th and from my experience I really enjoyed my stay. The front desk lady was very friendly and held a nice conversation with us as she explained the Amenties and the fact that the rooms were non smoking which is GREAT. However I was surprised to see all the renovations because when we made our reservation online there was nothing stated about it. However it wasn't a big deal, I can tell they are trying to improve the hotel and the rooms were already renovated and looked really great. Loved the gated parking, we felt really safe in the means that my husband keeps tools in his truck and its common that things like that get stolen from parked cars. So we really appreciate the gates! The breakfast was good, I even left a tip for the sweet girl who kept checking on us! Really sweet people who are very hospitable! I will be staying again!

• Stayed: December 2012
Love2Travel00101, Manager at Best Western Plus Jackson Downtown-Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank You so much for taking the time out in writing us a review! We hope to see you again as we try making this hotel one of the best in Jackson, MS.