WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #27 of 42 Hotels in Jackson
Brookhaven, Mississippi
“Nice for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stay at this hotel at least once a month because of my job. It may not seem like the best location at first but I have never had a problem here. It is convenient to I-55, the Mississippi state coliseum, fairgrounds and the downtown convention center. Several fast food places are located nearby and a Shoney's and Waffle house within walking distance.

For the price ($40- $45) the rooms are nice and clean, the beds and pillows are soft and comfy and even though it is close to the interstate the A/C usually drowns out any noise. They have free wi-fi which is always a bonus. Only negative thing I can say is there is no refrigerators in the rooms (or least not the ones I have stayed in). Will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Martha M
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We really do appreciate you choosing to stay with us. It will be our pleasure to set you up in a micro-fridge room in the near future. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at (601) 956-7707

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chamblee, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was a little unsure about the neighborhood the hotel is in but I didn't have any problems. The hotel isn't new but I got a good rate and the room was clean. I wish they had a free breakfast but McDonalds was close by so it wasn't a big deal. The staff was pretty nice and check in was easy and fast.

Room Tip: ask to be away from rooms with pets
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank richardc222
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. Although we don't have free breakfast here, we do offer some wonderful tasting coffee. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff, so that we can continue to serve our guest with exceptional service. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed one night-March 14, 2013. I was a little nervous when I arrived because the motel was not very new looking but the check-in was easy and my room was very, very nice. Had paid $45 instead of $40 in order to upgrade my room and the room was very nice. Large with king bed and large work desk. The room overlooked the interstate but with the ac on in the room I never heard the traffic. The free wi-fi was very nice as I used my laptop several hours while there. There was no free breakfast but there is a Shoney's next door and just beyond that there is a Waffle House where I had breakfast. The desk clerk allowed me to stay an hour past checkout. Saw several private security cars patrolling the premises and nearby motels at various times while there so that was a plus. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review. Here at Red Roof Inn, we take our guest safety very seriously. We are excited to hear such positive and sincere feedback from our guest's. I am pleased to know that my staff here made your stay an easy one. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Thanks you,

Paragould, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I travel frequently and have stayed at several hotels. This Red Roof Inn is the only one I've ever stayed in and I will never stay in one again. The toilet leaked around the base, and there were various wet spots on the carpet and lacked in cleanliness. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rick C
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience on Trip Advisor. I was horrified to read about what you experienced and am terribly sorry for what occurred. We work very hard to ensure that all of our rooms are above satisfactory for all guests. I assure you this is not our trend, or an acceptable practice. I hope that you will give our brand another chance, I promise we will make it right!

Thank you!
Sincerely
Damaris Johnson

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Checked in on an overnight trip. Found the nightstand still had liquid spills uncleaned, the window ledge had a bottle cap and jelly container sitting on it, there was hair on the walls, the handtowel had a number of holes in it.

Plainly housekeeping is not being supervised well if the housekeepers can get away with cleaning a room this casually and nobody catches it on an inspection.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chandlerusm
Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry for your inconvenience, and for the unacceptable occurrence that you had faced in Jackson. Please rest assured that this is not who we are, or how we operate, and if you give us the opportunity to take care of you again, you will experience hospitality the way it was intended.

Thank You!
Troy, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Best place I ever Have STAYED!!!!!! They treated my Mother and I like we was family!!! My Brother was put in the VA Hospital and he is very sick so I will be making more trips to Jackson from Alabama and they said the will be waiting for me!! I have never met people who went out of their way to make us as comfortable as possible as they did for us!!! QUEN and the Manager WAS GREAT i WISH i COULD REMEMBER his name but I can tell you they was wonderful!! The beds was soft the rooms was clean and the people was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, it certainly sounds like you had a fantastic stay. We absolutely love reading reviews like yours!
We have passed along your kind words to Quen. She’s always so happy to help whenever she can! We look forward to your return to Jackson!
Thank you so much!
Sincerely
Victoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

miss agnes at the front desk is exceptional. what a kind and helpful lady. very clean grounds, clean rooms, VERY reasonable rates, pet friendly. wish i travelled in MS more often so i could stay there more often! it's right next to I-55 with easy on and off access.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family