All reviews waffles choice hotels guest laundry fitness room waffle house biscuits downtown jackson fairgrounds cereal mississippi
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2019

Sylvester checked us in and he was great. I had questions and he was very accommodating. He was very personable and kind, and since we weren't familiar with surrounding area recommended a place to eat based on our likes.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Our stay was fine, but only one out of four staff members smiled or so good morning or even greeted us. There were pictures missing from walls, wall plugs covered with tape, just little odds and ends that stuck out more than you would think. If you’re paying that much for a hotel, you should have all of it. The breakfast was just OK, nothing to sing about.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I stay in Choice Hotels on a regular basis. When writing reviews I try to be conscious of reviewing the individual property on its own merits and not by comparing to other properties under the same name that I've stayed in before. That being said, I almost didn't book here because of some of the review, but after staying there for the last 3.5 days I have to say I'm glad I stayed. Here's my concise and honest review:
Pros: The rooms are nice, the beds are queen-sized and comfortable, the hotel and the room is clean and in an area that is convenient to downtown Jackson. Also, there are quite a few FF restaurants and a Waffle House nearby. My children walked there from the hotel. Breakfast was typical: waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits w/gravy, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal. and coffee.

Cons: The rooms are small with very limited counter space/storage. There's a standard closet, a table/desk w/chair, and a night stand between the beds. Not the usual counter space in the bathroom either, so it got a little stuffy for the 4 of us, which isn't usually the case in comparable hotels. Finally, there is a weight room (very basic and one weight machine was broken) and a pool, which sucks! Don't plan to sit pool-side. There is limited seating, NO umbrellas, NO tables, and the whole pool area is unkept.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank jQueen99
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I do not like the odor in my room. Carpet is old and dirty. Wifi is not work since we checked in and whole night long. Swimming pool is outside and real small. The front office gave us the unclean room at first. So disappointed. Bad service!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kanlayanon M
Reviewed April 21, 2018

First, the beds were comfortable, there was plenty of hot water and everything in the room worked as it should. The hotel also has a guest laundry that we used and it was very clean and efficient. However, the breakfast area is minuscule. It was essentially in a guest room that had been converted to the breakfast area. Around 7 AM I went down and there was no coffee - regular or decaf. When I returned later to have breakfast there was coffee but no where to sit and the room was very crowded with people trying to find room to fix their breakfast. While everything worked in our room, the bathroom was rather cramped and didn’t have much counter space. There were also no mirrors in the room except for the one in the bathroom.

I’m a Gold member in Choice Hotels program. This was the worst breakfast set up I’ve seen and the most stripped down of rooms.

Room tip: Choose another hotel
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boy_Scout