All reviews parking lot medical rate every evening lounge area security guard waffles complimentary breakfast stayed one night nice breakfast bed was comfortable would definitely stay here again desk clerk new orleans hospital popcorn antlers surgery
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019

We were delighted with the Happy Hour and breakfast, both of which were ample. The staff was congenial and helpful. The bathroom was a mite wonky but the room itself and all the things that are included were fine. Love the WIFI - would def stay here again!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Far from new, the signs of age are overcome by the accommodating, friendly, and efficient staff. The facility is safe, clean and comfortable. The complimentary hot breakfast is excellent. For those have someone in UMMC, the medical rate is a good deal. We have stayed here many times and the only complaint I have is that the toilets are too close to the floor; a common problem with many hotels.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2019

We stayed here a year ago and thought it was wonderful and couldn't believe the great price. Now we fast forward to a year later and our room was a dump! I don't know if we just lucked out last year or if the entire hotel has gone downhill. Our room had mold in the shower, the sliding glass door to the shower was off track and wouldn't close making it impossible to turn on the shower without getting in there first. The closet door was also off track and wouldn't open/close. The room had a musty smell. The good things are they have a nice complimentary breakfast with includes lots of fresh fruit along with the eggs, cereal and waffles. They also have a complimentary reception with beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages. Upon checking out I did mention to the manager on duty that room 170 needed some major repairs and I gave him a list of our concerns. He thanked me but I wonder if anything will actually be done. We had reservations for our return trip home but I cancelled them. I will say it is not very pricey so if you are on a limited budget and don't mind broken doors and mold, then you may want to stay here.

Room tip: Don't get room 170 unless you confirm that it has been repaired & cleaned
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2019

I wanted to pre book rooms via Booking.com to avoid the last minute
hassle during our 1800 mile trip. I thought this would be a great hotel
as per the reviews on the corporate website. Wasted a thought.

Arrived to find although they are "Pet Friendly" they charge a Non-
Refundable Pet Fee of $81.00!
Well who wouldn't be pet friendly when you charge nearly twice the
room rate!

Top it off, they gave me a room on the 6th floor! So very convenient
to take my dog out before retiring for the night. My wife requested a lower
level room, but was told they had none.

The night desk clerk said all he could do, would be to leave a note
for the manager to see in the morning.

The room...is in dire need of a remodel...from the apparent "knife"
hole in the bathroom door, to the chipping wall paint, cobwebs, shower
missing grout, dried up food in one corner of the room ...

Would only advise this hotel if you don't have a reclining seat in your
vehicle.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank KYinCO
Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

We only stayed one night. We had to be at Batson’s Children’s Hospital early in the morning, so we didn’t get to enjoy the complimentary breakfast, but we hope to take advantage next time we stay at this hotel. The proximity of the hotel to the hospital was perfect! Check-in was a breeze and the staff was so nice. The room we were given was a non smoking room, but it smelled strongly of smoke. We notified the front desk and they promptly changed our room. The room was a decent size and very clean. The beds were super comfortable and we slept well! We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2019