“WOW! Despite the odds.....”

Cabot Lodge Millsaps
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Jackson, Mississippi
“WOW! Despite the odds.....”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Hi ..... If you're ever in Jackson, MS, you must go to a Cabot Lodge for your stay, especially the Cabot Lodge by Millsaps College. There were 2 front desk clerks, I believe their names were Tawanna and Steve, who made me change my mind from leaving the hotel, which had recently experienced some storm and water damages in the lobby. I really wanted to leave after seeing the mishaps, but the front desk clerks were so overly-accommodating and hilarious. They were friendly and kept me laughing. Wow! Despite the odds, I enjoyed my stay at the Cabot Lodge and if they keep friendly people who possess pleasant personalities like Tawanna and Steve there, I will most definitely return when I'm back in the Jackson, MS area.

Best Regards,
Kim Herring

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimberly H
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Dear MS Herring:

Thank you for the kind remarks concerning Cabot Lodge Millsaps and especially the glowing recognition of our two Front Desk Clerks Tywanna and Steven. It is very rewarding to know that we have been recognized by our True Boss, You the Hotel Guest.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Ronnie Roe, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Hebrew first
Pelham
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This property is an older one with some issues. Three days before my arrival, tiles on the ceiling of the food court/meeting areas gave way, flooding this part of the property. The guest rooms appear to have been spared. This left a very funky smell throughout the lobby area. The guest room was about what you would expect from an older Days Inn. The room smelled like mold, the hallway from the elevator to my room door smelled like mold as well. The bathroom had remnants of the previous guests. The bath towels were, by contrast, very plush. The service from the front desk was mostly good, but depended on which person was working. Overall, if you have to stay close to Millsaps College or the hospitals here, these will do. If you plan on staying and spending some extra time in your guest room, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TGMWPM

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

St. Louis
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very clean rooms, nice bedding. Beds were adequate. Lobby/common areas are lovely, decorated in a very nice lodge theme, very pleasant. Staff all very pleasant, from maids to security officer to front desk.

Bathrooms...oh my, these are in terrible repair. Not only outdated, but the condition...robe hook broke off the door, lots of mold on tile in tub/shower, broken wall and floor tile, sink stopper broken, cold water handle missing it's top, and there was more.

Bathrooms very small, but I can easily live with that, but the condition needs to be greatly improved upon.

Air conditioner housing cover was missing screws and partially hanging off.

Stayed at Cabot Milsaps twice this summer, several days in July, and several in August. The second stay had the worst bathroom, #336.

The location is wonderful for families taking students to and from Belhaven University and Milsaps College. It is walking distance from both.

Wonderful friendly staff, but bathrooms are crying out for help.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 3jstravel
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Well when we got to our room there was a horrible smell of mildew in the room that very foul smell and when I went to the front desk the older Black Lady with glasses and bad attitude acted like I was wrong to ask and housekeeping to come to our room and spray some air freshner. My second complaints are about how I was informed by housekeeping that Management is aware that if you set the air conditioning unit on 65 or below it leaks water onto the carpet. But, when. I was in the bathroom and had to replace the toilet tissue there was BLOOD on the outside of the wrapping! That was very gross and nasty. My wife took pictures and we are still waiting to hear from the Manager.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank horton668
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Horton668:

I wish to thank you for sharing your comment concerning your recent visit to Cabot Lodge Millsaps.

We are truly sorry for the conditions you encountered as described and I want to assure you that I have inspected the room and we have replaced the faulty AC unit which obviously was causing the mildew odor in the room. As for the blood on the exterior wrapper of the toilet tissue I have met with the Executive Housekeeper and requested that she and her Room Inspectors perform a more thorough Room Inspection to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Conway
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We just needed a place to stay the night and this hotel was the only one in town with a room.
I'll start with the positives. The breakfast was good and had lots to choose from. When you walk in the lobby, it is pretty nice and clean.
However, I felt the lady at the front desk was not friendly or welcoming at all! I don't remember her name. The hallways upstairs were very musty and had a smell. The beds in our room seemed to be comfy, but the sheets were very sticky feeling. I didn't feel like the bathroom was cleaned properly.
The entire experience was OK, but I won't be back.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank sawe4
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Sawe4:

I have received you comment concerning your recent stay at Cabot Lodge Millsaps in Jackson, Mississippi We are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations of our facility and services.

We will use your comments in a manner to improve our facility in hope that our future guests will enjoy a more positive experience.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Stapleton
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Kids on baseball teams (10-11 years old) were running the halls at night and beating on doors. Management would do nothing. I located the parents/chaperones by asking the front desk clerks and then had to go deal with them myself. The rooms are in desperate need of an upgrade. The tub was water stained and the tile had old mildew stained grout.

• Stayed June 2014
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear F Nixon:

I have received your comments concerning your recent stay at Cabot Lodge Millsaps and I am terribly sorry that you encountered a group of disorderly children as you described. Unfortunately the parents or chaperones did not consider that other guests do not wish to be bothered with the disturbance of several highly active children.

I also think that our staff could have reacted more quickly to help to quell the disturbance and I have discussed this with them in order to be more proactive in the future.

I do wish to thank you for taking the time to share your comments as this will help us to provide a better guest experience in the future.

Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place has great potential to be a very nice hotel. It has a very large lobby with lots of seating area and places to relax. It has a great meeting space. It offers really good breakfast and a evening reception with free liquor. (you will not find that many places) It also has a great pool and outdoor area.. but then here is the real problem. The first issue I found was that the entire light had fallen off from above the mirror. The staff fixed it very quickly. Then the shower had mold on wall and a no slip mat that was very dirty and needed to be replaced. I had several different bugs in the room while I was there. Other people traveling with me also had bugs and mold in their room.

Room Tip: Request room facing pool