“Not so great”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Blackstone, Virginia
“Not so great”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We ended up at Monte's after we stopped for the night in Byram, MS. It is right off I-55 and is probably as good as it gets in this area, but has a limited menu, average food preparation and service, and seems overpriced for the location and quality. Chef Monte has a nice background story and visits table side, but I don't think we'd stop there again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank davefromArizona

Byram, Mississippi
“great they moved to Byram,Ms”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Moved to Byram MS close, go south I55 to Byram exit on frontage road. Wonderful seafood crabmeat pasta. ANGEL hair pasta with alfredo sause loved by daughter on child menu. BREAD PUDDING IS BETTER THAN NEW ORLEANS WE HAVE HAD. Highly recommend. HAVE BEEN EATING HIS RESTAURANTS SINCE THE 1980's

• Visited February 2014
Laurel, Maryland
“Closed”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I was in the area, February 3, looking for a place to eat. I read some online reviews which sounded good. However when I drove up to the place the place was empty, looked as if they had closed the place. When I called the number I got a voice mail stating they were unable to answer the phone.

Visited February 2014
Jackson, Mississippi
“Skip this one”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had lunch with a group and ordered the special. The gumbo was too salty, the lettuce on the salad was old and wilted and the red fish was covered in a thick sauce that was way too heavy for a light fish. Service was good but the food took a very long time to be prepared and the restaurant was not at all busy. Will not return.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank sam m
“Food quality poor, owners even worse”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were the only customers at 6pm on a Friday night, which should have been our first clue. On a positive note, our server did a good job. Popcorn crawfish was ok as an appetizer. A big deal was made about the quality of meat, but my ribeye was a thinly cut piece of meat smothered in some cream sauce. I still doubt if it was a ribeye at all. The final straw of the night was when I received my free dessert, which I was given 3 choices. I chose cheesecake. I guess the cheesecake was not supposed to be offered as my free dessert, as I could hear the owners yelling at our server from across the restaurant. She came back to our table with our check in tears, due to the tongue lashing. Please save your money and use it at a restaurant that treats its customers and staff with common courtesy.

3 Thank Dcgou