“Great lunch, but pricey”
Review of Bon Ami - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bon Ami
Cuisines: American
jackson ms
“Great lunch, but pricey”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've eaten here many, many times with friends for lunch birthdays and occasions. The food is generally good to great. The last 4 visits, though, my bill was over $20 for a salad and water. While I enjoyed the salads, the price has made us take our lunches elsewhere. On one of the last visits we had a new waitress and maybe she just made a mistake but it was $22 for a salad with 4 shrimp, roasted corn and an avocado mix. It was one of the best salads I've had there, and I would love to go back, but I can get a comparable salad or lunch and spend $15-16 with a 20% tip. The others at the table had similar experiences. Most of us don't want to cause a stir when we have 15-20 of us trying to pay our ticket, but once we realized we were all having that issue, we had to relocate. I've heard the same concern from others, so I hope the owners review their prices or check the tickets. They have a fabulous caramel brownie, sandwiches, and my favorite, Southwestern Ravioli. The cost for lunch, though, is just too high.

Visited November 2012

Jackson, Mississippi
“Very good lunch stop”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had lunch with a friend and found that this restaurant has improved over the years. It has long been popular with women. Salads, soup, gormet sandwiches and the like- the kind of stuff you find in Southern Living magazine were on the menu, but not a burger in sight. BUT NOW, they have added some more varity including a gormet cheese burger. That's not what I ate though. I had the crawfish penne. It was very good as was the small salad that came with it The service was very good. They took care of us without interfering with our conversation.

• Visited November 2012
Brandon, Mississippi
“So disappointing”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My daughters, grandaughters and I ate there for my birthday at my suggestion. I ordered the Quiche Lorraine. My portion was very small. The fruit I was served was so hard I could not eat it. My daughters sandwich was so bland she only ate half. The server was grumpy and very slow. Our drinks were not not filled promptly. The server took my credit card before even giving me my ticket. Upon returning with the ticket to sign he had added a 20% gratuity because we had a group of 4 adults and one small child. I definitely would not have given a 20% tip. I have eaten at Bon Ami in the past and the service and food were great. Will not be back. I fill like I was ripped off.

• Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Great Food! Great Service”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The food is fresh and very tasty. When both sides are open, it has more room. When only one side, it can feel crowded. One of my favorites in the Jackon area.

• Visited January 2012
Meridian, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have always loved eating here when making a trip to Jackson, but probably won't be back at least for a while.

The food was not that good, the service was very average. A rude staff member told us we could not use the restroom in the new section because they were closing that part of the restaurant. We had to wait in line as a result when there was no reason we could not have used the other restroom.

I ordered the vegetable lasagna, and didn't not think it was very good.

Their desserts however are wonderful!

Then my bill was almost 30 dollars for an $11.95 entree and a dessert with coffee. Too pricey for what you get!

• Visited May 2012