“Quacamole home made”

Babalu Tapas & Tacos
Ranked #7 of 391 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Babalu Tacos & Tapas is a lively restaurant that uses fresh and local ingredients to create bold flavors. You will find a variety of authentic gourmet tacos and Spanish-style tapas with a Southern twist. Every item on the menu, down to the blue corn tortilla, is made from scratch daily - our famous guacamole is prepared tableside. Our bar carries the finest tequilas, and all drinks are handcrafted daily using fresh squeezed lemons and limes.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Loud and vibrant restaurant. Unique menu with a 'Mexican /Southwest influence'. The service was above expectation correlated to the food(fair prices, very good service). The owner has made an effort to provide a unique casual dining experience.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Guacamole is so simple yet most restaurants try to complicate it and mess it up! Not Babalu's. They make the best guacamole I've had. I could have ate a whole bowl on my own!

My friend took me to this restaurant when I landed in Mississippi and I was really impressed. Jackson needs more like Babalu's to spice things up! Great atmosphere although I don't understand why they have screens/sport channels - this made it almost feel like a sports bar, which I didn't like. Interesting menu, but we got a VERY pushy waiter who went overboard trying to be hip and friendly. He pushed the duck really hard and I wonder whether it's because it was one of the more expensive dishes! The vegetarian tacos were good, but again the guacamole stole the show!

All in all, good experience but the waiter needs to calm down a little. I would have loved to sit outside but it was really chilly that night and the outdoor seating area was closed.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I met up with some friends just for appetizers. The guacamole was delicious as always and we were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too crowded. I believe the crowd has finally died down a bit, so you don't have to wait over 30 minutes for a seat.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The idea of Mexican tapas is a great one, and Babalus carries through on the promise. There are so many good choices, from the tasty queso to the table-side prepared guacamole, that everybody will leave happy. The tacos are small and exceptional, with the steak and shrimp being some of the best. Others had the great beef enchiladas and a chicken with mole.

Great ambiance and a very fun setting, folks of all ages will enjoy Babalus and the lengthy menu will make everybody happy.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Loved having a fun evening visiting with my sister here... The food was amazing & the service equally so. Loved the homemade guacamole right at your table & the house Margarita was delicious! Will be returning!
Kathy B