“Excellent!”

Babalu Tapas & Tacos
Ranked #7 of 391 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Babalu Tacos & Tapas is a lively restaurant that uses fresh and local ingredients to create bold flavors. You will find a variety of authentic gourmet tacos and Spanish-style tapas with a Southern twist. Every item on the menu, down to the blue corn tortilla, is made from scratch daily - our famous guacamole is prepared tableside. Our bar carries the finest tequilas, and all drinks are handcrafted daily using fresh squeezed lemons and limes.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a fun, casual bistro-type tacos and tapas restaurant that is really a joy to visit. The atmosphere is light and breezy, the service is friendly and laid back, and the food is outstanding. You have to try the guacamole, prepared table side. The burger is outstanding, especially when served alongside the sweet potato fries and some house made comeback sauce. Wash it down with a Babarita from the bar, and you have a perfect meal. Oh, and while you are there be sure to enjoy the I Love Lucy show being projected onto the wall for everyone's viewing pleasure, or sit out on the patio if the weather is nice. Stop by if you haven't yet!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten at many tapas restaurants, I just can't give Babalu more than three stars. It's not exactly a tapas restaurant- they have small plates, but also full size entrees. That said, the food was good- seasoned and cooked well. I do recommend the guacamole (which they make right at your table) and the black eyed pea hummus. I would have been content eating just that with the seasonal (blackberry) margarita I ordered. Incidentally, I had the full size shrimp and grits, which was tasty. All in all, a nice meal!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very unique place. The barbarita was very good. The tamarind margarita was very unusual - not bad, but not that good, either. I couldn't get past the brown color! Queso and chips were excellent. Tacos were pretty good, but I didn't care for the tortillas.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Babalu is definitely one of my favorite spots in Jackson. Try some of my favorites:
Tableside Guacomole
Steak on a Stick
Carne el Cerdo tacos
Torta Cubana

And for a great cocktail try the Baba-rita or the Martinez!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ecclectic food and cocktails. Great atmosphere and the waitstaff was attentive. We're looking forward to going back to try more menu items on our next visit to Jackson.