“Unique”

Babalu Tapas & Tacos
Ranked #4 of 390 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Babalu Tacos & Tapas is a lively restaurant that uses fresh and local ingredients to create bold flavors. You will find a variety of authentic gourmet tacos and Spanish-style tapas with a Southern twist. Every item on the menu, down to the blue corn tortilla, is made from scratch daily - our famous guacamole is prepared tableside. Our bar carries the finest tequilas, and all drinks are handcrafted daily using fresh squeezed lemons and limes.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very unique place. The barbarita was very good. The tamarind margarita was very unusual - not bad, but not that good, either. I couldn't get past the brown color! Queso and chips were excellent. Tacos were pretty good, but I didn't care for the tortillas.

There are newer reviews for Babalu Tapas & Tacos

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Babalu is definitely one of my favorite spots in Jackson. Try some of my favorites:
Tableside Guacomole
Steak on a Stick
Carne el Cerdo tacos
Torta Cubana

And for a great cocktail try the Baba-rita or the Martinez!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ecclectic food and cocktails. Great atmosphere and the waitstaff was attentive. We're looking forward to going back to try more menu items on our next visit to Jackson.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We came here after trying the hummus through a Co workers leftovers.the atmosphere was great very casual. We shared an order of the hummus and I got the torta cubana and my fiance got tacos short rib an pork the hummus an chips reminded me of plantain chips and garlic dip and the torta was like a media noche.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I stopped in this place tonight and it was busy. The bar area was full and we had to wait a few minutes for a table for two for dining. The tableside prepared quacamole was fresh (of course) and delicious! The serving of chips with the guac looked small, but we had left over chips at the end of two avocado guacamole. We both opted for the chopped salad with added grilled chicken. The varieties of flavors and textures in the salad made it an absolute delight to eat as we decompressed about the day. We'll be back!