“Huge portions - above average taste”

Babalu Tapas & Tacos
Ranked #4 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Babalu Tacos & Tapas is a lively restaurant that uses fresh and local ingredients to create bold flavors. You will find a variety of authentic gourmet tacos and Spanish-style tapas with a Southern twist. Every item on the menu, down to the blue corn tortilla, is made from scratch daily - our famous guacamole is prepared tableside. Our bar carries the finest tequilas, and all drinks are handcrafted daily using fresh squeezed lemons and limes.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Atmosphere about avarage for a Mexican Restaurant. Service was OK (good but not exceptional) - Food was better than average - but HUGE portions. All 4 of us are big eaters and all of us took food home - enough for a full 2nd meal. In summary: worth future visits.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Babalou's has a casual and hip atmosphere, running the old I Love Lucy clips on the wall and making fresh guacamole at the table. The bar is large and there are some nice outdoor couches and seating. However, the acoustics are so bad that it can be hard to hear the people at your table.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Met a few co-workers for tapas and drinks after a hard days work... and this place took all of our woes away! From the wonderfully eclectic interiors, to the superb service and yummy tapas... it was a fabulous ending to what was a challenging day. The freshly made guacamole (made to your specifications) was a great start...and paired with the house sangria (white & red)...GREAT PAIRING! We also samples the tacos and a pork torta that was the special for the evening... YUMMMM!!! Pair that with a wonderful weather and comfortable seating on the outdoor patio (and heat lamps to warm the chill) = GREAT NIGHT!!!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I travel for my job, so I eat out in different cities 3-4 nights a week. I no longer trust the people at the front desks of hotels (I can't call them concierges), so I have turned to Trip Advisor. This place had a fun, funky interior and very friendly service. Tried three different tacos and the Mexican street corn. Corn was very yummy, pork belly taco was fantastic. The steak taco was good and the fish of the day taco was an odd mix of ingredients and didn't particularly work. Also, they've actually thought of their coffee program and serve Illy French press coffee, which was a nice finish. I will definitely go back any time I'm in Jackson to explore other items on the menu.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I ate here recently on a business trip and man was it good. The fresh guacamole was really good. Not as good as it is in California, but it held it's own. Especially with the fresh chips. I had the short rib and grits. Amazing! This place is great and has a cool young vibe to it. Great service, good food. What else could you want for a business lunch?