“Great Place-Awesome Service”

Babalu Tapas & Tacos
Ranked #4 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Babalu Tacos & Tapas is a lively restaurant that uses fresh and local ingredients to create bold flavors. You will find a variety of authentic gourmet tacos and Spanish-style tapas with a Southern twist. Every item on the menu, down to the blue corn tortilla, is made from scratch daily - our famous guacamole is prepared tableside. Our bar carries the finest tequilas, and all drinks are handcrafted daily using fresh squeezed lemons and limes.
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Unique and fun place. Great drinks and food in a nice part of town. This is not on the beaten path but well worth the drive away from the hotels to visit

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Last Sunday, upon suggestion of a friend, my husband and I tried Babalu for the first time. Everything impressed us from the look when we drove up to the service upon entering to the taste of everything we tried. GREAT place!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We're great tapas fans from New England and this is one of the best places we've tried. Went on a Friday after work but were immediately able to be seated on the patio. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive and helpful with menu items. Incredible tableside guacamole with limitless chips. We shared 3 small plates and two sides and loved them all. Our server brought us the house side potatoes (gratis) since it was our first time there. Prices are quite reasonable. We returned several days later and had the same great service and food! It's obvious a favorite after work place for all types of patrons! Will visit again.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I were in Jackson visiting his parents when we saw an ad for Babalu's in a weekly publication. We were excited to see something new (to us) that's not a chain open up in Jackson. We had a wonderful lunch on a Saturday. The weather was great, and we were able to be seated on the patio without having to wait. Our waitress was friendly and helpful.

I had the Martinez margarita, which was just how I like a margarita...tequila, lime juice, and cointreau. The salt foam on top was a fun twist. They also had a far better beer list than I would have expected in MS. For food, we shared the empanadas, seared lamb sliders, and the shrimp and grits. All were good, but the empanadas really stood out.

We left full and happy. It was a bit pricey for lunch, but we knew what we were getting into.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I ate at Babalu recently with my friends, and we had a blast. Our waiter was fantastic. He not only knew the menu very well, but he was also very attentive to our needs. The guacamole was the best I've ever had. We shared tacos and a couple tapas. The pork belly and tuna tacos stood out the most. They were fantastic. As were the lamb sliders and short rib. The dishes were small, but well worth the price. The drinks were way better than I could have imagined, especially the margaritas. I've been dining in Jackson for years, and this place is something we've been missing out on for a long time. I plan on going back on a regular basis. Can't wait until it's patio weather again!