“Only thing lacking was seasoning”
Review of Parlor Market

Parlor Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Parlor Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Farish
Description: Located in the heart of Jackson’s revitalized downtown area, Parlor Market specializes in Seasonal Southern cuisine, drawing inspiration and ingredients from local farmers, ranchers and deep rooted traditions. Parlor Market preserves the history of downtown Jackson with rich marble, original brick, and Antebellum wood dating back to 1858. Enjoy a pre-prohibition cocktail, a glass of Southern wine, or a beer from our extensive Southern beer list or fresh seafood from our marble topped oyster and ceviche bar. Let our team of award winning chefs inspire you with their creative dishes in our open kitchen. The Parlor Market ambiance, experience and service are unparalleled.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We went here for dinner on a weekend trip to Jackson. They have an extensive cocktail list, which we were thrilled about. We tried a few and none were disappointing. We ordered the duck starter which was served over kale and grits. The dish was good, but didn't wow me in the flavor department. I thought it was a little understated. I guess I expected more fatty flavor from the duck fat, but the sausage was a little dry. My husband ordered the gumbo and some special with a couple of different types of meat on it, served over pureed sweet potatoes.
I ordered the gulf mahi-mahi, which was served over pureed corn and topped with radishes and cucumbers and red onions. For dessert we ordered the Walk Down Memory Lane which included a homemade oatmeal cream pie, rice crispy treat, and homemade push pop. It was all served in an adorable silver lunch box. My favorite was the oatmeal cream pie. I think this place could enhance their flavors a tad an move themselves up to a #1 position in Jackson.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wifeand I were given a recommendation to dine here by our hotel clerk and we did, but I would have to say we were greatly disappointed after ordering the only steak entree's on the menu. They were completely tasteless and totally unacceptable. Having said that I must say that after calling for the manager, we were impressed that he was greatly disturbed to learn of our displeasure and kindly offered to comp both meals. We settled for having one of our steaks comped and I applaud them for that, but that didn't really turn our dining experience into one that was at all memorable. I will not return should we visit Jackson in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This small, intimate restaurant downtown on Capitol Street has the absolute best food in Mississippi. Whether it's fish, beef or pork it's fresh and finished with a local flavor that you will certainly enjoy.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The food is excellent if you can make it past the construction in front of the restaurant. Please do order the home made chips!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I been to the PM 3 times. Twice for lunch & once for dinner. Each time something I or my guests were served was undercooked. The first time the French fries were limp and soggy. The rest of the meal was good but not great, whiich, at their prices was not Ok. The 2nd time it was my shrimp and the third and last time it was my guests pork chop and my fish. I will never return to Parlor Market. Each time there was no change on the bill for the problem food, although the last time they offered ONE free dessert. We'd had enough of their food by that time, paid the bill and left

1  Thank Deej C