“downtown gem”
Review of Parlor Market

Parlor Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Parlor Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Farish
Description: Located in the heart of Jackson’s revitalized downtown area, Parlor Market specializes in Seasonal Southern cuisine, drawing inspiration and ingredients from local farmers, ranchers and deep rooted traditions. Parlor Market preserves the history of downtown Jackson with rich marble, original brick, and Antebellum wood dating back to 1858. Enjoy a pre-prohibition cocktail, a glass of Southern wine, or a beer from our extensive Southern beer list or fresh seafood from our marble topped oyster and ceviche bar. Let our team of award winning chefs inspire you with their creative dishes in our open kitchen. The Parlor Market ambiance, experience and service are unparalleled.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been to this restaurant many times for great blue plates lunches and then for special occasions and never been disappointed. Everything is local and the chef and wait staff are incredible! My only gripe is that they are NOT open during the day on Saturday and Sundays and Mondays---they are closed. But, in their defense, they are located downtown and not much is happening during the weekends but it would sure be good to visit the art museum then have a nice lunch there on Saturday.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have eaten at the Parlor Market twice during my business visits to Jackson. I have to say that the food gets better each and everytime I visit!! I love the fact that they offer happy hour from 5pm-6pm, and the food is absolutely scrumptious, delicious, melts in your mouth...

This restaurant is without a doubt a part of my routine visit when I arrive into town. It is such a delight to eat at a classy restaurant while admiring the wonderful "parlor" feel. During my last visit, I ordered the lamb buger and sweet potato fries which was totally delish!!!

Can't say enough or get enough of this place, but it is without a doubt one of my favorite places to unwind!!!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We travel alot and dine out alot and this restaurant was fantastic! The caesar salad was delicious with a different spin! My husband had the duck sausage small plate and absolutely loved it. We shared a sweet potatoe gratin that was so amazing, we asked our server if he knew what was in it. Soon, the chef came to our table personally to tell us about it! We really enjoyed the Alexander Valley cabernet. Great food, innovative, nice atmosphere. The service was wonderful. Loved it! Would highly recommend!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My first visit but will not be my last. Loved everything from the food to the service to the atmosphere. The bread service us like eating dessert first with sweet potato and banana nut muffins. Yum. I had the steelhead trout with butternut cous cous. Delish! The sides are as good as the entree. A great sophisticated yet relaxed meal. Can't wait to try lunch!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband took a guest and a co-worker to Parlor Market last Wednesday for lunch and they were all blown away! He ordered the catfish tacos and was so impressed that he immediately called me on the phone to brag on them, promised to take me there, and insisted that we write a review. They also ordered the fried chicken, turnip greens, and green beans. The atmosphere was sophisticated yet down home and comfortable at the same time - a lovely ambiance. The service was truly exceptional and their every wish was anticipated. This was his second time dining here and he recommends it at every chance. A Jackson gem!