“Our All-Time favorite”

Description: Excellent food. This place needs to be on here
Southeastern U.S.
“Our All-Time favorite”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

OK, we live in the area. My wife works for an airline and we travel the world, so we eat many types of cuisine in areas known for excellence. We do not really know the people who own this place, nor do we have any connection to it. A few things I can say to clarify some of the other reviews… 1) The restaurant has changed locations. If a review is more than a year old, it may be dated. 2—and this is most important) There is a GREAT difference between eating their lunch buffet and ordering from their dinner menu. We have eaten the lunch buffet numerous times and must confess that if the buffet was my first experience, we would not have returned for dinner. But their dinner is exceptional. I realize that at any restaurant, there may be a bad day, a new cook, or a wait staff having an off day. But we eat here at least once a month. If you like authentic Indian food and are in this area for dinner, try Ruchi India. It is the consistently the best in our area (for dinner) and among the best we have ever experienced.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank WhirldWind

New York City, New York
“horrible food”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you call this Indian food , I am afraid as an Indian I totally disagree....this is the worse food possible, looks like a food hater has cooked everything, no spices, no taste, saag paneer was watery spinach with barely any paneer, potatoes were boiled with no spice or seasoning, starters were cold, naan was dry.....ughhh .....It was my worse mistake to go to ruchi......my colleagues warned me but I wanted to give it a try .....it was a disaster, service was slow as only one lady was serving at least 15 person, poor women apologized many times, but that is not an issue rest of the staff was busy bangng doors and fighiting and yelling at each other......and the last nail on my ruined day was the bill, they charge much more than what they display......and bill will come while you are eating.....i say they should charge before eating at least if we know how much they are charging we can still escape to some other fair place.....

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank neostigmine
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Very Authentic Indian Food”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Ruchi's food is very authentic, fresh tatse made from scratch. I highly recommend Ruchi. If you want real indian food, nothing like Ruchi India.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank James W
New Orleans
“don't go there dirty food below average”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

everything don't go. unless you are starving. It does have a buffet so if you want to pig out at an average luncheon buffet go.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank bobtrav
Cumberland, Maryland
“Good food, but...”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

...a little over-priced if you ask me. Try the lunch buffet on the weekdays to get the most for your $.

Visited November 2011