“Fantastic!”

Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just love HGI, the product more then meets my needs, it exceeds them and this location it a prime example.

Location is right downtown, there is a little construction going on but no disturbance at all to me. There is also a train that passes but also no bother at all. Valet is your best option here and entrance is a but odd in that you have to trek your rolling bags all the way around to get in unless you want to lift them and carry them up the front steps(no problem for me with 1 bag but if I had a few, ugh!)

Entrance is classic style but clean and nice. Staff greeted me with warm welcome and very helpful throughout my stay. Warm cookies at night a nice touch.

Room was typical king but comfortable. Gym down in basement with pool and jacuzzi was very nice.

Overall a great stay and will stay again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Wes S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2015

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your business and would be honored if you would stay with us on future trips to Jackson. Wes Scrape - General Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Friendly service in dining and front door. Ended there. Pool burned my children, the lady behind desk was little concerned. Got a free breakfast from next lady I showed my son covered from head to toe in hives. Both of my children the same. Room upkeep was poor, missed coffee and sheets. Parking garage had broken door. Desk staff neglected to advise me to go out wrong way. Made me late for my business meeting. What a horroble experinence. My wife is pissed and this not good. Nothing around this property. Go elsewhere. Do yourself a favor.

Room Tip: go somewhere else. Noisy and pool may burn you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chad W

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend. The hotel looks nice but the front desk service was horrible. While trying to check in the front desk staff were more worried about ordering dinner than on checking me in. When I asked question on parking which I was paying for the front desk clerk waved me away and stated if I seen someone outside they would help me. After getting to our room my husband and I went back downstairs to ask more questions about the parking and seeing about exit tickets which we were not offered the first time. The front desk clerk was with another customer being very nice. This was not right why were you unprofessional to me in my opinion one persons money is not better than another's and all guest should be treated with respect no matter what especially if you are giving them respect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Larry H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

I truly apologize that you thought that our front desk staff was not attentive to your questions and I can assure you that this type of behavior is very rare in our staff. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel welcome and I assure you that I have spoken to our staff regarding your comments so that this does not occur again.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and hope that you consider staying with us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a great new/old hotel. The best looking Hilton garden inn I’ve ever seen. Completely redone with a real bar and restaurant. Rooms look like any other HGI but the rest of the hotel is far more than you would expect from this chain. The only down side is the parking isn’t free, $14 for valet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'm so glad I chose this hotel. I was in town to run the Mississippi Blues Marathon and couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and professional. The rooms are clean, spacious and well-furnished. The bed was heaven! Nice amenities, including free wi-fi, minifridge in the room. I ordered room service one night, which was a nice convenience and the service was prompt and the food well-prepared and warm. The menu is a bit limited, but sufficient with something for most every taste. There's a small cafe/bar off the lobby, as well as another little cafe serviing breakfast and lunch items and beverages. The hotel is convenient to the immediate downtown area, and everything is within walking distance, including the convention center, Capitol building, museums, governor's mansion, restaurants. If I'm ever back in Jackson, I'm definitely staying here.

Room Tip: I asked for and got a room as far away from the elevator as possible. It was an outside room at the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank agmom98

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked a stay at this hotel to run in the Mississippi Blues Half Marathon in early January of 2013. The hotel itself is stunning. A beautiful restoration job has been accomplished on this property. Unfortunately the looks were deceiving as it pertained to the rest of the weekend. First of all the staff was very friendly which helped offset the other issues. Room was nicely appointed however the water coming out of the faucet was brown. Some friends joining us in another room made the same observation. Not sure why but bring bottled water unless you want to pay $3 for one of the hotel provided bottles in the room. The bed was extremely firm. According to the display on the front desk the beds had a knob that allowed control of the firmness. Cranking the knob to the softest setting made no change in the firmness. Hotel had a small indoor pool and whirlpool which was much appreciated after the run. First visit the whirlpool pump was not working so you were left to sit in hot brown water. Second trip later in the day the pump was working but the volume of suds being created by the circulation in the yellow-brown water was unreal. The “suds-bergs” became such a nuisance that we got back in the pool. Do not wear your favorite swim suit. My partners’ suit, which was chocolate brown, turned light beige as a result of the strength of the chlorine in the water. My fingers smelled like bleach well into the second day. Ate one meal in the hotel bar but they were extremely understaffed for it to be the eve of the race. I can’t say that this was the “norm” but you would have thought the hotel would have staffed to meet the known increase in volume of individuals.
The hotel is located in an area of downtown Jackson that appears to be undergoing a revitalization and in a couple of years, if businesses move into the burned out and/or vacant buildings around the hotel this may be a nice place to go back to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Mr. Hollingsworth,
if you're reading this, I just want to thank you for a wonderful stay at your hotel. Situated literally next door to the Amtrak/Greyhound station, I was delighted to walk a mere two minutes after my bus from Shreveport got in at 4:30 AM. Even that late at night, I only had to wait one minute for the concierge to come the front desk. Being from NYC, I've travelled all over and usually have to wait about 10 minutes if I check in late. The woman at the front desk was as friendly as can be, and check in was completely seameless. The room is great, beds are incredibly comfortable and the heat is easily controllable. My one very big issue however is that the bath doesn't get as hot as I would have liked. It got hot once, but upon three baths the temperature could have been better. Still, I didn't test the shower and usually they're always hotter.
The location is great too. Right downtown, it is easy to go outside and smoke non-tobacco related substances without running into a single soul (let alone police!). It is completely safe too, and the emptiness, especially me being from Manhattan, is relaxing and exciting at the same time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo