“My favorite!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Walker's is my favorite fine-dining restaurant in Jackson. Great atmosphere, fantastic food, and wonderful service. Get the BBQ oysters to start. I usually get fish for my main (all are fresh and well prepared, but the Redfish Anna is their specialty), but the steak is also a good choice. Make sure to save room for the heath bar tiramisu - my absolute favorite desert! The tres leche is another can't miss option.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Walkers is a “must experience” place for lunch if you are in Jackson. The food is always very good, and their menu choices can be uniquely southern. Their “Fried Green Tomato BLT” should be on eveyone’s bucket list. Great food. Uniquely Jackson. Also serves dinner.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have eaten at Walker's Drive In several times, lunch and dinner, and have never had a bad experience or meal. The wait staff is very attentive and professional, and the chefs are amazing. This is a must for a nice dinner out in Jackson.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

What a shock when you walk into the Drive-in. The decor is upscale with the checkered floors and black & white decor - and so is the food. I had the tamales (as recommended by the waiter) and my husband had the grilled redfish sandwich (as recommended by the waiter and our friends). They were both excellent choices - and of course we couldn't pass on the dessert of brownie topped with ice cream. I would recommend taking a break from your drive and stopping for a bite to eat at Walker's Drive In. We will visit again if ever in this area!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place doesn't look like much on the outside, but more than makes up for it on the inside. We had crab claws for a starter and I had Halibut with Risotto. A couple of the people I was with had big bone in ribeye steaks. Those looked (and tasted) great. The place is a little small. But worth it. Food and service was top notch. Desserts were excellent and the wine list was great.

2  Thank Btown007