“Fairview Inn is this Southern girl's idea of historical romance!”
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Jackson B&B and Inns
Memphis, TN
“Fairview Inn is this Southern girl's idea of historical romance!”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

This Inn had absolutely everything we wanted! The Inn was close to so many other attractions. It was not isolated but was very private and elegant. The owner and staff were all so friendly and accommodating, and the spa was delightful. Sophia's restaurant offered everything we wanted in a fine restaurant, and we did not want to leave the Inn! My favorite part was the history of the house, and I loved the library and old books. Amazing. Simply amazing!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Momuv4ham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Jackson, MS
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Beautiful example of old/new southern charm. Elegant rooms, wonderful spa, top notch restaurant. The Sharps are not just owners...they are hosts.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank motojems
Kissimmee, Fl
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I so enjoyed my stay at the inn. Breakfast was so good. There was so many things to choose from each morning the breakfast was a bit different. I loved the different way the eggs were cooked. The fresh fruit & bisquets were divine. Both days yummm. I stayed in room #2 & let me tell you I think it might be haunted by a ghost or 2 & would like to go back on Halloween with a few friends just for fun. It would be really fun to see how they would react to it. The staff was 1st rate. I can't wait to go back. Sophia's resturant had a great selection of food too. My lunch was great (tilapia & noodles) & the key lime pie well one of the best I've had in a long time. The inn reminded me of the game Clue I use to play when I was a kid the Library, the billard room. It fealt like home but I didn't have to do anything. (which made it even better)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank LovelifeKissimmee
toronto
Reviewed July 5, 2009

This is a stunning inn. Turn of the century charm with all modern luxuries. I travel solo so the friendliness of the staff is very important to me. I enjoyed everyone. I rarely eat at the hotels I stay in but because of timing I had lunch when I arrived. It was so good, I had supper there to sitting at the bar and chatting. I would highly recomment it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank solotravelerToronto
Mississippi
Reviewed April 19, 2009

The Fairview Inn is full of history and elegant surroundings with delicious food and gracious staff. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic get away, this is definitely the place for you. The suites are very clean with all the comforts of home. I would recommend you don't miss this exquisite bed and breakfast. We plan on making this an annual renewal of our relationship.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynnmax
Alabama
Reviewed January 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Fairview while in Jackson for an engagement party. We were blown away!
When you call to book your room, ask to speak to Lauren. I have never had such amazing service in Jackson (or maybe anywhere!). I spoke to Lauren over the phone several times over the course of the week. She explained that the rooms have been redone since photos were posted on the website. She spent the time to meticulously describe the decor and advantages of each room to me...very patiently!!
When we arrived the room was even more gorgeous than I pictured. I wish I could remember the name of the room but it has been six months! I felt like I was in a five star hotel, we did not want to leave.
The food at Sophia's is awesome and highly recommended, especially Sunday brunch.
You have to stay here if you come to Jackson. It's even worth coming for a weekend just to visit. This Inn is true southern beauty and the staff is true southern hospitality and graciousness!! We can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Room decor and Service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank buh1982
Morton, MS
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My husband suprised me with a visit to the Fiarview Inn in March. There was actually a wedding about to begin, upon arrival. We scurried to our room, the Hayloft Honeymoon Suite. My husband was surprised upon entering the room~he thought that perhaps he'd booked the wrong room. He indicated that this wasn't the room he looked at on the internet. Thinking he'd made a mistake we quickly made reservations for dinner at Sophia's. As we were getting ready, the band began to play. By the time we made it to dinner we were literally screaming with each other in order to hear ourselves speak over the sound the band. The waitress was very apologetic for the noise. The food was spectacular! We then went on the grounds to find a quiet place to sit and talk and could not do so. The Inn is smoke free, however, the grounds are not and there were smokers eveywhere. We were disturbed by the band until later that night. I heard something scratching in the walls most of the night. The next morning my husband discovered that an animal had actually eaten a hole in the wall about the size of two silver dollars. You could see the fur of the animal as it attempted to get out. We immediately gathered our things and left the room. We asked to see the Inn Keeper and were told that he was not available and were instructed to speak to his daughter. We did so and were told that we could expect a call from Peter. Afer arriving home, still thinking he'd booked the wrong room, we looked on the Fairview Inn website to see what room my husband intended to book. We were even more disappointed when we discovered that we were in the correct room. The website, however, did not actually depict the decor of the room. The site depicted a very ornate and elegantly decorated room. The actual room itself was not elegant at all, there was a cotton maltese spread on t he bed. After several days I called the Inn and spoke to Peter Sharp. I infomed him of our incident and the fact that the site was not factual in the depiction of the room. He stated he was unaware of both and would get back with me. I phoned 2 more times and never received a return call.

• Liked — Superior Food
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple